Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...
Recent Pictures (List All)

Rating: (None)
Views: 34
Comments (0)

Views: 37
Comments (0)

Views: 35
Comments (4)

Views: 25
Comments (0)

Linked Events

• Wivenhoe Kayak Fishing Convention / Brisbane River Bass Open: September 07, 2013 - September 08, 2013

Author Topic: Wivenhoe Kayak Fishing Convention / Brisbane River Bass Opening Classic 2013  (Read 53709 times)

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 420
  • -Receive: 1212
  • Liked: 104
  • Sweetwater Fishing Larrikan
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Lake Wivenhoe, where else
Re: Wivenhoe Kayak Fishing Convention / Brisbane River Bass Opening Classic
« Reply #75 on: September 11, 2013, 02:54:07 PM »
Have you beaten it and written a better length on the paddle Wayne?

Offline Member

• Serial kayak seller and buyer
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 114
  • Liked: 18
  • Kayak Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
« Reply #76 on: September 11, 2013, 03:09:26 PM »
No unfortunately Dale. 56cm is my biggest and I have caught 3 at that size, just can't crack it.

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • View Gallery
« Reply #77 on: September 11, 2013, 03:26:47 PM »
Still bigger than mine Wayne.  Pam's first Wivenhoe fish was bigger than my biggest!

Offline Member

• Sweetwater Fishing Australia
  • Administrator
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2751
  • -Receive: 1294
  • Liked: 88
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Connors River
« Reply #78 on: September 11, 2013, 08:10:25 PM »
My PB is 59, and it was a long time ago now, but holy cow that fish of Steve's somehow seems more impressive than my memory of my PB.

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 30
  • Liked: 4
  • Sweetwater Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Anywhere there's water
« Reply #79 on: September 11, 2013, 10:01:47 PM »
Those 58/59 river fish you see on yellow brag mats would certainly have been weighed Dale, no record claims though.
581mm river fish weighed only 3.05kg

I take it that's targeted at me, they "certainly" weren't weighed and I'm not sure why your so sure they were seeing as I don't carry scales in the yak and haven't weighed a Bass in 20 odd years .
For what it's worth that fish now holds the ANSA national "length" record.
While I'm here, AB it seems you've had second thoughts about the $100 for that fish and I'd hate for people to think I was taking the money and running so maybe you could donate it to stocking and at least someone will benefit.
P.S It seems I'm the only one that cops the mouth open, bent tail etc cr@p, just gotta be one a the boys I spose. Sorry Steve that's a top fish.

See ya and Happy fishin' 

Offline Member

• Administrator
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • View Gallery
« Reply #80 on: September 12, 2013, 12:23:39 AM »
I take it that's targeted at me, they "certainly" weren't weighed and I'm not sure why your so sure they were seeing as I don't carry scales in the yak and haven't weighed a Bass in 20 odd years .
While I'm here, AB it seems you've had second thoughts about the $100 for that fish and I'd hate for people to think I was taking the money and running so maybe you could donate it to stocking and at least someone will benefit.
P.S It seems I'm the only one that cops the mouth open, bent tail etc cr@p, just gotta be one a the boys I spose. Sorry Steve that's a top fish.

See ya and Happy fishin'

G'day Outcast.
I thought AB was talking about the bass on the yellow mat which had accidentally folded or something in this thread http://www.sweetwaterfishing.com.au/Forum/index.php/topic,4217.0.html

BTW- @ everyone. The legal way to measure a bass is TOTAL LENGTH. This fork length caper is an ABT rule brought in after some Potsy bought in under sized bass; it gives them a little bit of room to move so they don't cop a flogging over under sized fish. You wouldn't measure your Johnson that way would you?

I noted a couple of people at Wivenhoe comp scored themselves at fork length, I changed their scores to the correct length....

Offline Member

• Administrator
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • View Gallery
« Reply #81 on: September 12, 2013, 12:43:01 AM »
There are plenty of photos here:
http://www.sweetwaterfishing.com.au/Forum/index.php?action=gallery;cat=79;sortby=date;orderby=desc;start=0

Thanks AB. I will be loading up more pictures to that gallery folder over next few days......

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • View Gallery
« Reply #82 on: September 12, 2013, 06:49:05 AM »

See ya and Happy fishin' 
I'm not sure what happened to your order, but I have placed it again, details messaged to you.
I wasn't referring to your fish, I was referring to the fish I see each week on Facebook being held by people with very fat fingers, and the one on the ANSA mat last year that was only 70mm short!  As I said when your fish was submitted, it is the longest fish I've seen on a measuring mat.  Congratulations on the ANSA record.

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 180
  • -Receive: 470
  • Liked: 8
  • All Waters Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: The Brisbane River
« Reply #83 on: September 12, 2013, 11:14:08 AM »

See ya and Happy fishin'

No not targeted specifically at you Steve a lot of people have ANSA mats got one myself. An assumption made by me as weighing is common practice by those that use them for which I apologise. Congratulations on the TL record it is the longest Bass on an accurate measure thus far and IMHO the standout in the list of multiple species you have recorded.

cheers,
Steve

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 30
  • Liked: 4
  • Sweetwater Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Anywhere there's water
« Reply #84 on: September 12, 2013, 05:21:55 PM »
AB I wasn't referring to anything you said it was elops's quote and I guess I'm a little over protective of Mine and ANSAs reputations, there may well be others using ANSA mats but I don't recall seeing to many pics with 58-59cm Bass on them and why single out "yellow" mats. Elops I know your a good bloke and didn't mean anything by it I just need to make sure no one else gets the wrong idea after all that post was pointed out to me by a mate who immediately thought it referred to me.
And just to clear the air a bit, I've weighed 1 Bass in 30 years of ANSA and that was weighed in a net (as all my weighed fish are), this is why I won't claim weight records, I have Boga grips but I would never contemplate hanging a fish off them for weighing, as far as I'm concerned they should be purely used for releasing fish with teeth but that is my opinion and I usually keep these to myself for fear of offending someone, I know as the hair gets greyer the fuse gets shorter but I'd rather whinge and be hated than have people think I'd even contemplate killing or weighing a Bass or any other fish for that matter just because it's a record.

Happy Fishin'

Offline Member

• Administrator
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • View Gallery
« Reply #85 on: September 24, 2013, 11:22:02 AM »
Just found this video from 2012 Convention showing some of the Show N Shine. Thought I'd share it....

Small | Large