Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...
Recent Pictures (List All)

Rating: (None)
Views: 34
Comments (0)

Views: 37
Comments (0)

Rating: ****
Views: 37
Comments (4)

Views: 25
Comments (0)

Author Topic: Borumba Dam Closed, Well Sort of Close  (Read 3695 times)

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 72
  • -Receive: 137
  • Liked: 28
  • Sweetwater Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
Borumba Dam Closed, Well Sort of Close
« on: November 25, 2016, 12:56:32 PM »
The new Borumba ramp looked pretty, a lot of money hard work but very little thought, i can remember in around 2002 or so had a drought you could drive off the old ramp down to water your ute would be about 10 mts below hight water, i was waiting to see what happens when water drops just a little with the new built up ramp
well water is at the end of ramp and its a good drop off with lots of big rocks, so now its closed for an upgrade already not sure what they'll do also they are doing something about large rocks at sides of ramp the has been a few bad falls by older people trying to walk the boat around of the ramp, maybe they will get it right next around

the are working on a make do ramp at the side of new one its ok to launch but you may need a 4x4 in the gravel

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • Liked: 0
  • Sweetwater Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Secret :)
Re: Borumba Dam Closed, Well Sort of Close
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 05:14:31 AM »
The new Borumba ramp looked pretty, a lot of money hard work but very little thought, i can remember in around 2002 or so had a drought you could drive off the old ramp down to water your ute would be about 10 mts below hight water, i was waiting to see what happens when water drops just a little with the new built up ramp
well water is at the end of ramp. i bought the best reflex bowstrings there the other day. Its a good drop off with lots of big rocks, so now its closed for an upgrade already not sure what they'll do also they are doing something about large rocks at sides of ramp the has been a few bad falls by older people trying to walk the boat around of the ramp, maybe they will get it right next around

the are working on a make do ramp at the side of new one its ok to launch but you may need a 4x4 in the gravel

Sure looks nice!