Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...
Recent Pictures (List All)

Rating: (None)
Views: 34
Comments (0)

Views: 37
Comments (0)

Views: 35
Comments (4)

Views: 25
Comments (0)

Author Topic: biggest bass in the world (australia)  (Read 76776 times)

Offline Member

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 148
  • Liked: 14
  • View Gallery
Re: biggest bass in the world (australia)
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2011, 10:01:03 AM »

Yeah, me too. Couple of weeks ago I fished a little lake in the Uk with 4lb mono with 2lb hook length, size 16 barbless hook. Handled the 18 1/2 LB carp easily. ;D
If I had killed it I would have been lynched.
 And I have it on good authority that when Dale did have hair it was styled pretty much like Gary Glitters. ;) so six foot six is possible.
Cheers John.

How about a report John, love the see something of what you experienced:thumbsup :thumbsup

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 35
  • Liked: 3
  • Sweetwater Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Any small streams, rivers or estuaries
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2011, 10:15:42 AM »
I pulled a Cod out of Somerset recently at 84 cm and 29 lb and I am now looking for his big brother.

I wont be fishing light you can be sure of that.

Regards

Gordon

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Burrum River
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2011, 01:34:07 PM »

Yeah, me too. Couple of weeks ago I fished a little lake in the Uk with 4lb mono with 2lb hook length, size 16 barbless hook. Handled the 18 1/2 LB carp easily. ;D
If I had killed it I would have been lynched.
I used to fish comps in the canals in the UK. I used to fish with a pole it was thirty odd foot long. My main line was 1lb and the bottom (that's leader to us) was 10oz with a size 24 hook. we'd use micro lead and very small floats about 40mm long. I'd land 10lb bream on it..took a while. Mainly though you'd be targetting small fish like roach small carp (crusian). Was the weather cold and were you using pinkies (tiny maggots). Some of the old boys back then would pop the maggots under their tongue to warm them so they'd wriggle better. I wouldn't be able to see that rig today let alone tie it..lol. haven't got the pic yet..wots he doing?

Offline Member

• Store Customer
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 16
  • Liked: 4
  • View Gallery
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2011, 03:08:31 PM »
This would have to be a record
4 pages, and no mention of Fitzy's FARTING skills?

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 35
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Any small streams, rivers or estuaries
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2011, 06:18:30 PM »
Well that solves a mystery for me, he paddled right over that Cod.  I thought if anyone would have caught it, it would be him.

Never fart in a Kayak hey.

Gordon

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 4
  • Liked: 0
  • View Gallery
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2011, 11:29:28 AM »
Well that solves a mystery for me, he paddled right over that Cod.  I thought if anyone would have caught it, it would be him.

Never fart in a Kayak hey.

Gordon

You have to fart in a kayak at least once, and make it a decent one.  It amplifies the sound dramatically and just about sends shock waves down the water column spooking the fish, off into the scrub making any small animal hoof it, and high up into the ether scaring the galahs out of the trees.

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 22
  • Liked: 1
  • View Gallery
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2011, 09:50:46 PM »
Sorry Dick not a lot to report. Just went fishing with some borrowed gear. While all the locals were at work. Wasn't expecting to catch a great deal other than carp and hopefully a few silver fish, and I know how all you guys just love photos of carp. It was bloody cold, about ten degrees. Fished with a 13 foot rod (you kinda need to use these with such light gear) at about six foot deep under a waggler float using a single piece of sweetcorn for bait. I was pleased with the catch  because of fact that I was on the bank with serious trees and bushes around and well out into the water leaving about a ten foot wide gap that became about four foot close to the bank, to guide the fish through. Caught probably a dozen or so assorted fish up to around three pound the same session. Best part was a local fishing nearby had three poles ( poles are a European thing which would make you sad if you saw people fishing with them) he caught bugger all in four hours. The camera was in Egypt at the time with the wife who was looking at pyramids and stuff. Hell I'd even take carp anyday rather than all that sand and busted tombs.
Does that make me a Philistine G  ::)
Cheers John.

Offline Member

• Contributor
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 236
  • Liked: 27
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Upper Clarence River above the Gorge
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2011, 10:19:03 PM »
Methinks this thread has degenerated into talk of Carp and Farts. Perhaps the two are interrelated somehow. As one who appreciates a really good passing of gas I can only surmise what the sound effects would be on a wet kayak seat after a good feed of refried beans. Perhaps that might be a way of calling carp?? However it's highly unlikely that a 60cm Bass would respond.
JD

Offline Member

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • View Gallery
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2011, 11:59:31 PM »
This begs the question can you tune pitch of the thing to attract fish and who's got it sussed?  I mean low and slow or short and fast, how do you spray them?

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 4
  • Liked: 0
  • View Gallery
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2011, 12:02:17 PM »
I don't really think so Dick, the first time you let one fly while sitting on a wet kayak seat it really surprises you. The magnitude and raw power of the " Yakflat " as I like to call it is something to behold. It's wild and aggressive. If only I could somehow learn to produce the same effect in everyday life I would be held in very high esteem amongst my peers.

Now, where's this bass pic at ?

Offline Member

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • View Gallery
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2011, 12:52:12 PM »
Surely someone is well versed in the Flatulent ART form to be called a fish whisperer ;D????

Offline Member

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • View Gallery
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2011, 12:57:42 PM »
Sorry Dick not a lot to report. Just went fishing with some borrowed gear. While all the locals were at work. Wasn't expecting to catch a great deal other than carp and hopefully a few silver fish, and I know how all you guys just love photos of carp. It was bloody cold, about ten degrees. Fished with a 13 foot rod (you kinda need to use these with such light gear) at about six foot deep under a waggler float using a single piece of sweetcorn for bait. I was pleased with the catch  because of fact that I was on the bank with serious trees and bushes around and well out into the water leaving about a ten foot wide gap that became about four foot close to the bank, to guide the fish through. Caught probably a dozen or so assorted fish up to around three pound the same session. Best part was a local fishing nearby had three poles ( poles are a European thing which would make you sad if you saw people fishing with them) he caught bugger all in four hours. The camera was in Egypt at the time with the wife who was looking at pyramids and stuff. Hell I'd even take carp any day rather than all that sand and busted tombs.
Does that make me a Philistine G  ::)
Cheers John.

Yeah know the carp thing John, got over that deriding Mugs about his feral fishing habits a while back ;D.  However when I looked past the fish to technical world of pommy sweetwater fishing was quite intriguing, hence the ask.

Trying to get Mugs to put a carp report in, it'll get a few upturned noses but there will be a few that'll be all over it so see how its done :thumbsup

Offline Member

• Contributor
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 236
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Upper Clarence River above the Gorge
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2011, 05:11:33 PM »
Dick I think the important thing when trying to call fish flatulently is to always ensure that a follow on is not part of the event. Although that said a berley trail could have side benefits.
John

Offline Member

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • View Gallery
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2011, 07:20:08 PM »
Dick I think the important thing when trying to call fish flatulently is to always ensure that a follow on is not part of the event. Although that said a berley trail could have side benefits.
John
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Member

• Lure Maker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 414
  • -Receive: 233
  • hunter
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: oh somewhere out near the border ranges ....
« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2011, 07:31:56 PM »
The flatulance thing doesnt work Dick ive squeezed, popped and ripped enough out all over dams and creek ... Or maybe my game was off haha

Steve