Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...

General Category > Polls

Would you like to have improved access to North Pine Dam?

(1/11) > >>

Editor:
Would you like to have improved access to Lake Samsonvale (North Pine Dam) on Brisbane's north side?

Do you currently pay for a Boating Access Scheme Permit or would you pay for one if the area was expanded or would you prefer the whole lake to be opened to the general public?

Tell us what you think................

You can vote for two options to best cover your preference. You can only see the results after you have voted.

StevenM:
Dont like the fact that it is on the SIP scheme and you need to go into the chook raffle to get on it and pay for access.

Just my 0.02 cents. Round that down if you like

Binder:
Have not had the "raffle" for a couple of years now, its first come first serve.

I voted for kayak / canoe access for the general public in the main basin. Best solution in my opinion.

If they give electric boat access to the public, it would probably mean having to ditch the BAS (with a corresponding decrease in funds available for stocking).

Probably just make it that PRFMA members get boat access at their lease as part of their membership, same deal as most other clubs with their own access points to SEQ water work.

PS I pay for access under the BAS scheme, (And obviously a PRFMA member),  happy to pay, even though I mostly only use it during kids school holidays. I know the funds go in to adding fish, certainly dont begrudge that. I am also happy that it is now on the SIP, it now means all those land based people who have been catching the stocked fish are now also contributing to the costs of stocking the dam.  Having the DAM on the SIP is particularly important when you consider that when the dam drops below 40 odd percent the BAS scheme cant run and their is no income stream for stocking fish without the SIP. (During the drought, there were several years where no fish went in to the dam, part of the reason numbers of fish caught currently are not great).

aussiebasser:
Surely the SIP is enough.  It works for Wivenhoe, Somerset, Bjelke Petersen, Boondooma, Maroon, Moogerah, Leslie, Tinaroo, Monduran, Lenthalls, etc.  The only other place where you have to pay the stocking group directly to access the water on top of the SIP is Hinze.  Many fishos see this as double dipping.

mackdonalds:
I was of the understanding that BAS was going to be dropped if NPD went onto the SIP scheme..? and if not why not..

Now what will happened if NPD starts to become a great Bass fishery using the extra money from the BAS ??

How long will it be that other dams on the SIP scheme start going to either there local councils or water boards asking for permission to lock up access to those lakes so that they may get more money to drive up the stocking rates/figures.

Boom gates are starting to pop up all over the place and fee's are being asked to get access to some dams, I believe if things keep going along those lines the dams/lakes that have free access will start getting over fished it may not happened today or tomorrow but in the next couple of years, it will be interesting to hear people thoughts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version