Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...
Recent Pictures (List All)

Rating: (None)
Views: 34
Comments (0)

Views: 37
Comments (0)

Views: 35
Comments (4)

Views: 25
Comments (0)

Author Topic: Report on a recent trip  (Read 5071 times)

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 35
  • Liked: 3
  • Sweetwater Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Any small streams, rivers or estuaries
Report on a recent trip
« on: May 28, 2011, 08:12:25 PM »
Sandra and I just finished a trip, Caravan and Kayaks.  Thought I would lodge a report for those that enjoy a paddle.

Lake Cania is a great place to Kayak mid week, beautiful scenery and a couple of islands just off shore for an easy hour on the water.
Some good report on Bass being caught but not by me.

Spent a few hours at Ceratodus, a rail and river crossing of the Burnett River, using various lures and some worms.  Nothing happening.  Signs of several metres of flood tearing through here and I suspect that removes a lot of the resident fish down and over the next weir.

Next was Mingo Crossing, also on the Burnett.  This is the top of Paradise Dam when at 100%  Fork tail catties here and plenty of them.

Not bad for a paddle but this is also showing the scars of the big flood. Give it 6 to 12 months and these areas will regenerate.

From there down to the dam (Paradise), this was good to paddle until the westerlies started.  One hell of a lot of water passed over the spillway here.  This is the water that did the damage in Bundaberg.

It is said there used to be Barra in here, probably the resident population of the river before the dam went in, They would all have taken advantage of the flood and gone down stream I would say.

The paddle from Mingo Crossing to Paradise Dam could be a good day on the water, all flat going, 20 k I think.

Off the Burnett and down to that lovely little Dam, Lake Gregory.  I didn' even take a rod, we just paddled and enjoyed the scenery and bird life. 

This one I can recomend for both fishing and a great paddle destination.  It is a storage ( tank ) for irrigation and not subject to floodwaters and therefore always clean, from what I have seen over the years.

Some to enjoy as the water settles.

Gordon

Be kind to the Natives.