Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...
Recent Pictures (List All)

Rating: (None)
Views: 34
Comments (0)

Views: 37
Comments (0)

Rating: ****
Views: 37
Comments (4)

Views: 25
Comments (0)

Author Topic: Kookaburra Park, Karana Downs  (Read 19628 times)

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 339
  • -Receive: 135
  • Liked: 7
  • View Gallery
Re: Kookaburra Park, Karana Downs
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2011, 05:31:29 PM »
Agree with Wes. This area has been totalled due to the flood and the river structure has changed dramatically.
A new boat ramp would need to allow users to launch and retreive their boats more safely as the old one was very dodgy. The fishing platform was a really good idea and was always being used, I think that the descriptions of the fish that were on the plaques was a good idea too. Kooka was one of the few places around that catered for everyone, it is a real shame that this area has been lost, but I am glad that council has recognised it's importance.
As for the ski boats...........stuff that! Have you seen the amount of trees that have been dumped by the flood?

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 103
  • Liked: 26
  • Sweetwater Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
Re: Kookaburra Park, Karana Downs
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2011, 06:40:22 AM »
Hello All,

Kookaburra Park in Karana Downs used to be a great fishing area before the flood. Unfortunately most of the park washed away including the fishing Platfrom, car parks, toilet etc etc. . Brisbane City Council is currently putting together plans for reconstruction. Our input will be used to guide how the plan ends up. If you have any input regarding the best facilities for fishing: is a platfrom required? How far should it be from the boat ramp? Should it be upstream from the boatramp? etc etc...let me know and I will get it to Council. You coulkd also contact the local Councillor and let her know your comments.

All the best,

DAZ
is there going to be a ramp to replace the old one?? is brisbane city council going to do the ramp or not??????????????