Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...
Recent Pictures (List All)

Rating: (None)
Views: 34
Comments (0)

Views: 37
Comments (0)

Rating: ****
Views: 37
Comments (4)

Views: 25
Comments (0)

Author Topic: Ewen Maddcok stocking 19/1/12  (Read 3601 times)

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 309
  • Liked: 34
  • Sweetwater Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Baroon Pocket Dam
Ewen Maddcok stocking 19/1/12
« on: January 19, 2012, 02:07:57 PM »
Well 2nd year of stocking, this is our major release after 15 toga and a a few freebie bass a week or two ago. Officially 25,000 Australian Bass courtesy of Bill Proctor. Those of you aware of Bills generosity would not be surprised to hear it was a very generous 25,000.

Steve and Dave did a sterling job organising the local media, with the local TV station and 2 papers sending reporters. Shaun did a good job being the spokesperson for the Group. (He has a much better head for it than I! )

As the dam was stilling spilling about 30cm over the spillway, we decided to put the fingerlings in at the swimming area. Much more presentable for the media as well with all the great new infrastructure that has been installed over the last couple of years. Good turn out with a dozen odd club members and a similar amount of interested locals looking on.

My eldest son got to do his first TV interview,  (second shot from bottom), which made his day, and annoyed the heck out of his brothers and sister who were to lazy to get out of bed to go this morning!

Offline Member

• Hunter
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 137
  • -Receive: 52
  • Liked: 2
  • fish restocker
  • View Gallery
Re: Ewen Maddcok stocking 19/1/12
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 05:36:11 PM »
Well done everyone involved!  :youbeauty would much rather been there than at work today..Any idea as to when this will be airing on the sunny coast news?

Cheers

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • View Gallery
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 08:19:02 PM »
I assumed tonight, but your right might be a day or two before they show it, its not date specific. I've got on to Dave to man the recorder.

Got to having a yarn with Bill's wife at Baroon Pocket, Bill has certainly had an interesting life.

Offline Member

• Hunter
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 137
  • -Receive: 52
  • Liked: 2
  • fish restocker
  • View Gallery
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 05:34:33 PM »
Yes he has indeed, stayed at his place a while ago and the man is a wealth of knowledge and has just about done everything! A true Australian and a bloody good man

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 419
  • -Receive: 279
  • Liked: 46
  • View Gallery
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 01:51:09 PM »
Thanks for posting up a report Andrew and coordinating our entire stocking program for this years stocking, a job well done mate which hasn't gone unnoticed. If it wasn't for hard working members like Andrew within our group the load would be much heavier. :youbeauty

A special thanks to Bill for his generous donation towards the stocking of EMD has most definately placed the fishery in good stead for future years. As I have had trouble posting reply's on SW I'd also like to take the opportunity to thank Pine Rivers Fish Management Association for their assistance in our Toga release along with Beau and Steve (Elops) for also going to the trouble to collect and release the fish. Without your assistance this event could not have been possible.

Thanks to all involved.

Cheers Dave

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • View Gallery
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2012, 02:14:32 PM »
Not much work compared to the rest of the committee Dave, also helps with the networks developed here and in other stocking groups, makes life very easy for a stocking officer!

The way I see it, I'm looking to retire in 10 or 15 years, these are all the 50cm Bass I am going to be catching every day of the week when I retire   ;D