Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...
Recent Pictures (List All)

Rating: (None)
Views: 34
Comments (0)

Views: 37
Comments (0)

Views: 35
Comments (4)

Views: 25
Comments (0)

Author Topic: QLD Lake Dyer  (Read 3390 times)

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 108
  • -Receive: 102
  • Liked: 4
  • Sweetwater Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Wivenhoe Dam
QLD Lake Dyer
« on: October 12, 2012, 12:45:18 PM »
It's been a couple of years since the wife and i tried lake Dyer, near Laidley, so we headed there on Wednesday. Last time, the bass seemed all too small, so we were hoping they had grown a little. We were recently told of 40cm bass in plentiful supply. Well, we may have been doing something wrong, as we pulled in small bass after small bass, with not a one of them being legal size. I landed a 37cm yellow, but that was the only legal sized fish between us of day one. We stayed the night, despite the reports of foul weather heading our way, and prayed for a window of opportunity in the early stages of Thursday. Once again, small bass were the order of the day, with Ana catching a yella, matching me mine at 37cm. Not many members know us , but some might remember Ana as 'shower woman'. At the Wivenhoe fishing convention, when her name was called out, she was in the shower.  ;D Moments after she landed her yella, things turned pear shaped with thunder, heavy rain and howling winds chasing us home. We surfed back, doing 7.5kph without any effort. We headed home after that, but we'll be back in a couple of years, when those bass have had a chance to grow.