Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...
Recent Pictures (List All)

Rating: (None)
Views: 34
Comments (0)

Views: 37
Comments (0)

Rating: ****
Views: 37
Comments (4)

Views: 25
Comments (0)

Author Topic: Frothy anyone...?  (Read 3375 times)

Offline Member

• Store Customer
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 74
  • Liked: 8
  • Sweetwater Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
Frothy anyone...?
« on: February 26, 2011, 10:49:27 PM »
Finally out of my cast I was able to plan a trip on the fresh somewhere to try and find some bass.I've owed Jen a trip on the bass for ages....and a few more right Jen. :snic: So a plan was hatched to check out the Albert rv. again after all the fresh we've had.I'd taken a drive down a couple of days ago to see how the "cappuccino machine" was running and sad to say it was looking very milky.Obviously no one uses Arabica beans round here and way too much milk!  :sad1:
Only one way to find out how the bass were behaving and if anyone was home and that called for a searching session.Steven,Jen and myself hit it for an afternoon session and suffice to say I forgot to tell the bass we were coming.No one was home or they had their front doors firmly shut.We tried numerous doorbells and copious amounts of knocking to no avail.Even the "four legged bass" and "tree bass" played the game but none of the real models.
I was excited to find lots of new snags to target once the water settles down and still some old favourites that haven't been lost.Is it me or do other's paddle past old snags and remember memorable fish that they have pulled from them?
Still it was a lovely afternoon with good mates in serene surroundings what more could one want for on a saturday afternoon..... :smi:
Thanks again Steven and Jen for a top afternoon.Sorry I couldn't put you onto any bass Jen,but there's always next time.

Cheers.
 :)

Toni

Ocean Kayak Pro Staff

http://www.ocean-kayak.com.au

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
  • Liked: 0
  • View Gallery
Re: Frothy anyone...?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 03:17:44 PM »
Great report Toni, i was in there a couple of weeks ago. they are hard to find, also there is one with my lure hanging out its mouth.... lol
I too remember the spots i have landed big fish. like that 40+ one i caught with you on my first time out.

I fished from one bridge to the next, with only 2 landed, oh and one wnow with my lure.
I saw fox, many "tree bass" and ONE BIG SWIMMING SNAKE  :OMG

Dave

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 419
  • -Receive: 279
  • Liked: 46
  • View Gallery
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 04:29:00 PM »
Nice report Toni even if there wasn't any action.

I was up one of my local haunts Staurday arvo, plainly to just have a look again, a fish would have been a bonus. The water was still very dirty. In the end, I ended up with a nice Bass and missed 3 others, but looking at all that new structure that has formed from the floods, just looked like a neon sign saying 'fish live here', it was that old bit of structure though that has been so reliable in the past that produced that lone Bass for the afternoons session.

Interesting!!!

Cheers Dave

Offline Member

• Store Customer
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 74
  • Liked: 8
  • View Gallery
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 11:30:46 PM »
Great report Toni, i was in there a couple of weeks ago. they are hard to find, also there is one with my lure hanging out its mouth.... lol
I too remember the spots i have landed big fish. like that 40+ one i caught with you on my first time out.
I fished from one bridge to the next, with only 2 landed, oh and one wnow with my lure.
I saw fox, many "tree bass" and ONE BIG SWIMMING SNAKE  :OMG
Dave

Gday Dave and great to see you here.Must catch up for another fish again soon!I'd say it'll be another new learning curve again on that river but all the more fun!!
Cheers.
  :)

Nice report Toni even if there wasn't any action.
I was up one of my local haunts Staurday arvo, plainly to just have a look again, a fish would have been a bonus. The water was still very dirty. In the end, I ended up with a nice Bass and missed 3 others, but looking at all that new structure that has formed from the floods, just looked like a neon sign saying 'fish live here', it was that old bit of structure though that has been so reliable in the past that produced that lone Bass for the afternoons session.

Interesting!!!
Cheers Dave

Alot of this extra rain again will dirty things up abit.Back to playing the waiting game.... ;D

Upcoming Events, Fishing Competitions, Shows, Expos etc.....

Upcoming Events