Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...
Recent Pictures (List All)

Rating: (None)
Views: 34
Comments (0)

Views: 37
Comments (0)

Views: 35
Comments (4)

Views: 25
Comments (0)

Author Topic: Where to buy Createx airbrush paints?  (Read 13649 times)

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 78
  • -Receive: 14
  • Liked: 3
  • Serial lure killer. :-)
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: S.E.Qld Dams and rivers
Where to buy Createx airbrush paints?
« on: June 16, 2014, 06:03:15 PM »
Gidday all.
                  I've just finished my first lures,& totally loved making them.I used spray can paint on them but I now have an airbrush kit on the way.
I've been online,& want to support aussie business where possible,but ridiculously, I can buy 6x 60ml created delivered from the U.S for $37 where it costs $43 from Sydney.Go figure.
I've googled and yellow paged for suppliers in Toowoomba and Brissy but found none.
Anyone bought these in a store?
Ill be going to lure expo to stock up but wanted paint before if possible.
Cheers.Marty

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 9
  • Liked: 0
  • Sweetwater Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
Re: Where to buy Createx airbrush paints?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 07:19:55 PM »
Marty

here you go and they are great to buy of quick postage,also look at the Auto-Air colours also a bit  dearer but look good

click on short cut     Air Brush Megastore they are in South Australia   http://www.airbrushmegastore.com/index.php

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • View Gallery
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 07:48:22 PM »
Thanks Dave but that's one of the Aussie stores I have checked.If needed quick they'd be best but buying on eBay I can get same six paints for $37 & they're $42 with get+post.
I'm actually hoping someone knows of a real store that sells them,not online,to save post costs.
Thanks anyway mate.

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • View Gallery
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 08:52:13 AM »
Thanks Dave but that's one of the Aussie stores I have checked.If needed quick they'd be best but buying on eBay I can get same six paints for $37 & they're $42 with get+post.
I'm actually hoping someone knows of a real store that sells them,not online,to save post costs.
Thanks anyway mate.

Marty

Not a problem mate I also looked around and before I brought my paint they was recomended to me by a few lure makers for paint plus other gear,yes ebay is cheaper but you wait longer,only wish like you a shop close to me that sells the paint be great.
Id say you have been told to wear a mask when sanding timber and cutting it out and when painting
Do you have a Bunnings near you they sell the the clear stuff [cant think of name getting old haha] to make bibs

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • View Gallery
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 09:55:39 AM »
Cheers Brad.Yeah,aren't we all (getting old.haha). Polycarbonate might be the stuff you'rethinking about.
Im halfway between Gatton and Esk,which is great place to live but sucks when I need something unusual.
Got a Gunning's at Toowoomba .Takes an hour each way and about $40-50 in juice so i may as well buy the bastards online.
Yeah i know about sanding meranti,as i used it as a boatbuilder in the 80's,& you definitely cough up your toenails if you dont wear a mask but thanks. :youbeauty

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • View Gallery
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2014, 07:29:02 PM »
Cheers Brad.Yeah,aren't we all (getting old.haha). Polycarbonate might be the stuff you'rethinking about.
Im halfway between Gatton and Esk,which is great place to live but sucks when I need something unusual.
Got a Gunning's at Toowoomba .Takes an hour each way and about $40-50 in juice so i may as well buy the bastards online.
Yeah i know about sanding meranti,as i used it as a boatbuilder in the 80's,& you definitely cough up your toenails if you dont wear a mask but thanks. :youbeauty

Marty

Haha yes be good to grow younger haha

If you are going to the Lure Expo there will be able to buy bibs or order them from a business that i think will be there it might seem dear but saves a lot of running around and another one that will be selling hook eyes trebles and other gear while you there im sure most of the lure makers will be happy to answer questions mate
can you get any Aluminium it makes top bibs a bit of work but worth it
enjoy making them

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • View Gallery
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2014, 07:11:33 AM »
Cheers mate.Yeah I'm going to the expo.Ive got the trebles and split rings,just can't find the paints offline.
The bib maker co. is called laserworx.They need a min order of 100 bibs and $50 online to send them,& are 48 c each for ones i want. I'm looking forward to picking the guys brains about their lure making.I might try aluminium.I reckon the poly looks better.Just my opinion though. :-)