Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...
Recent Pictures (List All)

Rating: (None)
Views: 34
Comments (0)

Views: 37
Comments (0)

Views: 35
Comments (4)

Views: 25
Comments (0)

Author Topic: Frogs and Threadline reels  (Read 5730 times)

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • Liked: 0
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Pine Rivers
Frogs and Threadline reels
« on: May 21, 2011, 06:15:31 PM »
Hey guys, this is my first post on this site, I normally use the freshwater section of 'brisbane fishing online' cos I'm from that way, but I'm looking more at fishing in other areas of the country too.

My question is what is the best weedless topwater frog lure? There's so many on the market it's hard to know which are the best, I'm prepared to spend a few extra dollars for good ones if need be. I'm not sure whether to get a hard body, a hollow body, or use weedless soft plastic frogs. I'm after something that I can chuck right into the lily pads and weeds that I can twitch across the surface. Hookup rate is important, but I'm more after a lure that will get plenty of action.

I target Bass mainly, but also Golden Perch, Saratoga, Cod, Trout, and Barra... probably in that order due to the fishing that's available to me. 

I'm also in the market for a good quality 2500 threadline reel. I have a nice little 1500 that I'm happy with that I've caught big bass, Yellas, and Togas with, but I'd like to up-gun a bit for those bigger fish that are a bit too big for the 1500. Basically I'm after a reel that I can use for everything up to but not including big Cod and Barra, when I'll use my baitcaster to target them.
So what are your opinions on the best 2500 I can get for up to about $300??

Thanks.
-Steve

Fish hard.

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 18
  • Liked: 11
  • Sweetwater Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Diamond(JB)
Re: Frogs and Threadline reels
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 06:31:24 PM »
Z-man frogs are pretty damn good for the Barra(Havn't tried them on bass) and I am a shimano fan(due to quality and service) so would probably say something along the lines of a stradic. The Daiwa's are also great reels if you can handle the service issues that seem to come with them.