Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...
Recent Pictures (List All)

Rating: (None)
Views: 34
Comments (0)

Views: 37
Comments (0)

Views: 35
Comments (4)

Views: 25
Comments (0)

Author Topic: May he rest in peace.  (Read 4332 times)

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 420
  • -Receive: 1212
  • Liked: 104
  • Sweetwater Fishing Larrikan
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Lake Wivenhoe, where else
May he rest in peace.
« on: January 19, 2014, 03:06:48 PM »

Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to.

Offline Member

• Sweetwater Fishing Australia
  • Administrator
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2751
  • -Receive: 1294
  • Liked: 88
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Connors River
Re: May he rest in peace.
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 05:03:46 PM »
A fitting final run in the boat.

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
  • Liked: 0
  • Sweetwater Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Boondooma dam
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 07:12:46 PM »
      There but for a bit of luck go I.  In two days I have another anniversary , the end of my 15th year as a stage3c colon cancer survivor and start of year 16. Each year it gets harder ,no peripheral nerves working from the waist down or in my left hand. Osteoperosis from meds ,type two diabetes from meds, an unknown auto-immune disease making me lose 6 grams of protein a day thru my kidneys. A heart that skips around ten thousand beats a day. Life is like walking a tightrope. I take immune-suppressants designed for heart and kidney transplants and worst of all I only fished once last year . For a week on my own at Baffle Creek. Magic. Me and the almighty have this thing going. I keep eating His fish and He keeps trying to stop me... Ron.

Offline Member

• Administrator
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2751
  • -Receive: 1294
  • Liked: 88
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Connors River
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 08:06:19 PM »
Keep up the fight Ron, you're an inspiration.  :thumb  :Clap)

Huey is a crafty and often cruel fella, but I'm sure he has to obey the rule that goes something like "all days spent fishing don't count to one's allotted time on earth"

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 420
  • -Receive: 1212
  • Liked: 104
  • Sweetwater Fishing Larrikan
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Lake Wivenhoe, where else
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 07:02:26 AM »
Stay strong Ron.
I have a very good friend in the U.S., his name is Ron Miller.  14 years ago he was diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease), and told he had 3 to 4 years to live.  He is currently paralysed from the nose down, and just before Christmas he graduated with an Associate Degree in Science in Liberal Arts.  A few years ago, a group of us got together and raised the money Ron needed for a new "Eye Gaze" computer.  He operates it with his eyes.
14 years ago Ron was a really keen Bass fisherman with the typical American go fast boat.

Now, Ron is reliant on a ventilator and communicates with his computer.

Ron keeps telling us he may have ALS, but ALS doesn't have him.  He has an amazing sense of humour, and I keep telling him he's just putting it all on for the bed baths.  The strength of the Human will is really amazing.
This is a speech at Capital Hill about Ron

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
  • Liked: 0
  • Sweetwater Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Boondooma dam
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 07:32:50 PM »
         Well I would not say I was strong but I have learned to be totally mentally and emotionally detached. Quite a few years ago my wife decided she was sick of me being ill so she decided to leave me to it. I applied for a disability pension ,supported by my doctor but a young clerk in centerlink decided I was not really ill at all. So at age 63 with severe psoriatic arthritis , neuropathy ,diabetes ,the after effects of a year of chemotherapy ,type two diabetes nephrotic syndrome of the kidneys , a heart that runs on three cylinders and the occasional attack of vertigo ,I work five to six days a week to keep a roof over my head. I live alone and do all of my own cleaning cooking and housework. I had to get rid of the 18 footer because of cost and health. Now I run a 3.7 alleycraft. I had to fit an electric winch to it because I could not wind it on the trailer. I don't think you ever get used to pain but my kidneys won't allow me to take effective pain killers . I get by on 4 panadol a day . Sort of like hunting tigers with a tooth pick. BUT I am not complaining I am mentally tough enough to handle it. A bit over twelve months ,one if I survive and two if Tony does not cancel it,I may have an age pension and perhaps spend some time on the water. Ron.

Upcoming Events, Fishing Competitions, Shows, Expos etc.....

Upcoming Events