Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...
Recent Pictures (List All)

Rating: (None)
Views: 34
Comments (0)

Views: 37
Comments (0)

Views: 35
Comments (4)

Views: 25
Comments (0)

Author Topic: Just in case you missed it SEQWater review  (Read 13754 times)

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 309
  • Liked: 34
  • Sweetwater Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Baroon Pocket Dam
Re: Just in case you missed it SEQWater review
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2013, 08:30:00 PM »
Copeton, free, Pindari, free, Mulwala, free, Hume, free, Clarrie Hall, free, Jindabyne, free, Eucumbene, free,Tantangra, free, Tumut, free,

Yes but they dont exist, only SEQwater manage dams for recreational use, dont you read their propaganda informative information?

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Liked: 1
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: queensland
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2013, 07:53:08 AM »
 some people do not understand the meaning of user pays the more you use it the more you pay

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 59
  • Liked: 7
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Freshwater
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2013, 09:45:03 AM »
I've completed the survey.

Personally, I'm happy to pay per use if it's reasonable. I very much like the idea of a toll gate with a low (say $2) fee each time I want to enter an access area to a dam. I do want to see Wivenhoe stay motor free, but definitely believe it needs more access points so more of the dam can be SAFELY accessed. Very suitable for differing weather conditions, pick the side that is best of the wind that day etc etc.

I think it would lead to increased usage, increased monies raised by SEQWater and benefit users overall.

There are plenty of other dams around that allow motor access, keeping one in this area free of them I see as a win win for all.

A single permit to cover all dams, I'm 50/50 about. If price is in the same range of the SIP then I'm probably for it, if it's over that, probably against it and would rather pay per use.

Murray

Offline Member

• Contributor
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 244
  • -Receive: 694
  • Liked: 129
  • Unicorn Hunter
  • View Gallery

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 420
  • -Receive: 1212
  • Liked: 104
  • Sweetwater Fishing Larrikan
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Lake Wivenhoe, where else
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2013, 01:58:51 PM »
I can't understand why Wyaralong isn't having a review.  SEQWater must be happy with that one.  This is the list of what's left:
• Lake Samsonvale (North Pine Dam) and Lake Kurwongbah – July 2013
• Maroon and Moogerah dams – August 2013
• Ewen Maddock and Baroon Pocket – September 2013
• Borumba Dam and Lake Macdonald – October 2013
• Cooloolabin, Poona and Wappa dams – November 2013
• Clarendon and Bill Gunn (Lake Dyer) dams – February 2014
• Leslie Harrison Dam – March 2014
• Lake Manchester, Enoggera and Gold Creek dams – April 2014
• Hinze and Little Nerang dams – May 2014.

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 180
  • -Receive: 470
  • Liked: 8
  • All Waters Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: The Brisbane River
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2013, 07:01:40 PM »
Wyaralong should be included with Maroon, Moogerah you would think.

Offline Member

• Sweetwater Fishing Australia
  • Administrator
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2751
  • -Receive: 1294
  • Liked: 88
  • Sweetwater Fishing Australia
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Connors River
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2013, 08:46:43 PM »
I can't understand why Wyaralong isn't having a review.  SEQWater must be happy with that one.  This is the list of what's left:
• Lake Samsonvale (North Pine Dam) and Lake Kurwongbah – July 2013
• Maroon and Moogerah dams – August 2013
• Ewen Maddock and Baroon Pocket – September 2013
• Borumba Dam and Lake Macdonald – October 2013
• Cooloolabin, Poona and Wappa dams – November 2013
• Clarendon and Bill Gunn (Lake Dyer) dams – February 2014
• Leslie Harrison Dam – March 2014
• Lake Manchester, Enoggera and Gold Creek dams – April 2014
• Hinze and Little Nerang dams – May 2014.

The potential for sweetwater fishing in SEQ in some of the locations listed is MASSIVE....!!!!

Manchester, Enoggera, Gold Creek, Wappa, Cooloolabin, Leslie Harrison. We're squabbling over the scraps when we should be looking towards a bigger & brighter future. Imagine some great little bass lakes close to the population bases, giving more options for anglers.  :OMG IMHO this is where our peak bodies should have been leading the way a decade ago.

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • View Gallery
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2013, 09:45:05 AM »
Wyaralong should be included with Maroon, Moogerah you would think.
I see that Wyaralong has now been included with Maroon and Moogerah.  Survey will be released August 14th.

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • View Gallery
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2013, 11:25:07 AM »
POWERBOAT racing on Wivenhoe Dam as part of a heavily promoted Somerset Water Festival is something Ipswich West MP Sean Choat is committed to bringing about as part of his 2013 program.

Mr Choat would like to see rules currently preventing powerboats from operating on Wivenhoe Dam overturned.

He sees great potential for a water festival featuring powerboat racing as a major tourist attraction that would be embraced by the public and boost the economy in the Somerset and Lockyer Valley area.

"Any sort of carnival needs to cater for all parts of the community, but I think people want to see a bit of competition," he said.

"Some of the powerboat racing I've seen on the tele is fantastic and I reckon people would love to see it locally. Spectators would come from all over to watch it.

"If that happened we could have a 'Somerset Water Festival' going over a couple of weekends.

"There are not too many bodies of water that size that would be conducive to this sort of thing in Queensland.

"A dam like Wivenhoe is made for it and you could do it without taking out the whole thing.

"There are plenty of inlets and places where they can do other activities when that is going on.

"The potential for this is amazing."

Mr Choat acknowledged that "SEQ Water has been against it".

"But I think that is short-sighted and a mistake," he said.

"A lot of people have said to me, 'Why can't we have powerboats on Wivenhoe?' They are on Somerset and it is the same water.

"I believe Wivenhoe is something people should be able to use and be proud of. It is big enough for powerboats.

"SEQ Water has got to change its current policy of no power boats on Wivenhoe. There are ways to safeguard water quality.

"The business community see it as a big drawcard. Fernvale would be a big winner but also places like Esk, Lowood and even some of the smaller places like Toogoolawah would get something out of it too.

"I have already spoken to the minister (for energy and water supply) Mark McArdle to say it is something I will be pursuing."

Reader poll

Is a powerboat competition on Wivenhoe Dam a good idea?

This poll ended on 24 December 2012.

Yes         50%

No         49%

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 35
  • Liked: 1
  • View Gallery
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2013, 01:34:30 AM »
some people do not understand the meaning of user pays the more you use it the more you pay

that term "user pays" is a furphy. If taken to all levels then some examples are:
my kids have finished school so why are my taxes funding schools?
I do not use public hospitals so why are some of my taxes going to them?
why aren't all roads toll roads..user pays would fund all repairs on those roads.
I do not use public transport so why are my taxes used to subsidise this?

Answer to all: Governments tax the citizens to pay for all services for those citizens. This applies to recreational facilities etc also therefore a Governement has an obligation to provide these facilities from consolidated revenue and not add additional charges for the use of these facilities. I am against any further forms of taxation/fees instigated by Governments..surely we pay enough already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 14
  • Liked: 0
  • View Gallery
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2013, 07:49:34 AM »

Answer to all: Governments tax the citizens to pay for all services for those citizens. This applies to recreational facilities etc also therefore a Governement has an obligation to provide these facilities from consolidated revenue and not add additional charges for the use of these facilities. I am against any further forms of taxation/fees instigated by Governments..surely we pay enough already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEQWater.s  financial statement of the 2012/13 years show's them approx. 2.1million in the red, the statement is on there website, in 1996 when they first started closing area's they were spending almost 2 million on recreation maintenance and that was when they only had Somerset Dam and Wivenhoe to look after, not all the rest !! So how about we use this upcoming election to ask all the residents in SE Qld if they would mind paying a larger water bill and higher food prices (a number of farmers buy water from seqwater) so that we can have all these recreation area free and open to the public. What do you think they would say ??
I don't drive to Brisbane very often or get over to the Gold Coast but I understand tonnes of $$$$$ was spend on better roads, and bridges, even on the north side of Brisbane they have lovely new roads, what we need the state government to do is stop building and improving these roads I Don't use and put that money into the recreation area I do use !!

We pay less tax today by almost 30% compared to 1970 (Ken Henry Tax review) - when I first started work I was paid $115 a week and was taxed 11% or in our words I earn approx. $6000 a year and paid 11% tax...TODAY you can earn $20,000 and not pay tax !!!! The top tax bracket use to be 0.75c in the dollar - today it is only 0.48c in the dollar so are you sure we are paying enough tax ??

I am against any further forms of taxation/fees instigated by Governments..surely we pay enough already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well if you don't want to pay tax then you better get use to a user pays system.....what's the opening line of one of the political parties in the upcoming election.....
Less Taxes
????

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 180
  • -Receive: 470
  • Liked: 8
  • All Waters Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: The Brisbane River
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2013, 02:47:55 PM »
Somerset,Wivenhoe,Atkinsons survey closes tomorrow 500 responses so far (interestingly 600 for NPD/Kurwongbah already) last chance folks.