Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...
Recent Pictures (List All)

Rating: (None)
Views: 34
Comments (0)

Views: 37
Comments (0)

Views: 35
Comments (4)

Views: 25
Comments (0)

Author Topic: Wivenhoe Kayak Convention going forward???  (Read 13575 times)

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 108
  • -Receive: 102
  • Liked: 4
  • Sweetwater Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Wivenhoe Dam
Re: Wivenhoe Kayak Convention going forward???
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2014, 10:41:54 PM »
Ana and I will be up there on 22nd and 23rd of this month. I guess we will be making another booking whilst we are there.
Count us in for Sept.
See ya's there

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
  • Liked: 0
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Clear island waters, wivenhoe
Re: Wivenhoe Kayak Convention going forward???
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2014, 09:27:55 PM »
My first experience of kayak fishing was at a wivenhoe comp a few years back a friend let me borrow one of his kayaks for the weekend.
the first day was blown out and caught nothing but I had a blast fishing with friends, glad to be back at camp I remember drinking and laughing with new found friends about the days antics and being flabbergasted that people actually caught decent fish! And looking at the bass in the tanks on display and thinking "so that's what they look like!"
Very very early the next morning I got a knock on my tent asking if I was fishing today? Sad to say I drowned my sorrows the previous night a tad to much (rookie mistake!!) and was in no shape to be paddling about chumming up the water, so I declined.
After sleeping in I woke refreshed keen for a flick so I walked the banks of the campsite to pass the time after a few hours I hooked into my first catfish I was stocked to catch ANYTHING!!!
That night as presentations were made my jaw again hit the ground at how people could catch bass and yellow belly at all! And then I saw they were giving away a kayak or canoe oh man my fingers were crossed so darn hard!! Unfortunately I didn't win any prizes or catch a bass or yella but I knew I had the best darn weekend and i was going to be back for sure! One year....this year.
I was sad to hear the comp was not going to be run after getting the ok from wife months in advance but I wasn't going to tell her that was I, hell no!
So I booked my campsite and I've been counting the days down ever since! Can't wait to get that first cast feeling.

So having said that to the many people involved that made this convention happen every year thank you sincerely for making lasting memories and getting me seriously hooked on kayak fishing!

John