Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...
Recent Pictures (List All)

Rating: (None)
Views: 34
Comments (0)

Views: 37
Comments (0)

Views: 35
Comments (4)

Views: 25
Comments (0)

Author Topic: Bass Take Limits???  (Read 17810 times)

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
  • Liked: 3
  • Sweetwater Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Burrum River
Re: Bass Take Limits???
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2011, 09:35:55 AM »
I think the jump from two to five is too big, unless it's instant impact stuff that will be reduced later? Why not make it three? Also if Bass populations are getting too big then why not stock a natural predator? eg a limited amount cod or of Barra (catch n release only) depending on the location of the dam. Everyone likes to catch one of the big boys. What end of the scale do people want to control too? If it's larger fish why not have a comp to catch em and move them to rivers where they might be able to breed or maybe introduce and upper and lower limit of say between 35 - 40cm? Add to that a limit of three and there's room for improvement in the amount taken and leaving behind some good sized fish that will grow into nice specimens. Just don't set it in concrete so it can be adjusted if required? Personally I think an environment that controls itself (to a larger extent) is a better choice, than destocking someones preferred fish. What are dams there for i guess is another part of the equasion. Are they there simply for fisho's to chase their favourite brand or are they being developed as a part of an ecosytem that has been disrupted? We people seem to have a knack of disrupting things then searching for an answer of how to fix it whilst adding personal needs/wants. That's why these things are tricky, imho.
john

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 419
  • -Receive: 279
  • Liked: 46
  • View Gallery
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2011, 06:20:04 PM »
Dave - Same deal as for closed season really isn't.?
How do you prove they came from the dam and not downstream.

Yeah mate, another grey area!

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 419
  • -Receive: 279
  • Liked: 46
  • View Gallery
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2011, 06:09:08 AM »
G'day all,

I'd like to quickly take the opportunity to thank you all for constructively contributing to this thread and to  inform you that I have emailed a letter to DEEDI officials venting your concerns to have the Bass take limits for impoundments to stay where they are at 2 Bass per person in their possession.

It'll be interesting to see what changes are made to the freshwater rules and regulations in the coming months throughout Queensland.

Thanks again!  :youbeauty

Dave