Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...
Recent Pictures (List All)

Rating: (None)
Views: 34
Comments (0)

Views: 37
Comments (0)

Rating: ****
Views: 37
Comments (4)

Views: 25
Comments (0)

Author Topic: Riverina Report  (Read 3340 times)

Offline Member

• Fishing Guide
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 10
  • Liked: 0
  • Sweetwater Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
Riverina Report
« on: November 04, 2010, 05:18:55 PM »
Riverina Sport Fishing Report
The rivers and dams are changing almost by the day at the moment. Blowering, Burrinjuck and the Hume are overflowing, Mulwala has a strong current flowing through the main part of the lake and the Murrumbidgee is being pounded by storm water every other week.
The changing waterscapes are well worth viewing as we haven’t had water levels like these for a decade (or more in some instances). Blowering and Burrinjuck in particular are like fishing new dams with the trees around the high water mark now well and truly underwater. Blowering is proving the hardest to fish at the moment with massive numbers of large golden perch schooled up at the Tumut end of the dam. They swim about in plain sight and to date have not had a hot bite which is typical of this time of year. It will happen and going by the size and number of fish, it will be special.

Burrinjuck and the Hume are more consistent, with goldens coming as a reward for hard fishing, but the surprise has been the Murrumbidgee and Old Man Creek which have been producing good numbers of fish for those walking the bank. Dave and I got 13 fish in three hours yesterday! As the mud from the last flood dries out and I can launch the boat we should see some hot river fishing.

NT Tours
Dave and I have completed the set up phase of our NT tours and we are now booking for April/May 2011. We have already filled one tour and have six vacancies for the 30th April to 7th May tour. Note that you don’t need a group to be involved. Book for yourself or a group of friends.
Our tours are fly in – fly out. All you have to do is make it to and from Darwin and we look after you from there. $4,680 and you are in. See website for details: http://topendbarratrips.riverinasportfishing.com/

Famous Faces
Riverina Sport Fishing has been fortunate to host a couple of international celebrities in recent weeks. We spent a day with Zeb Hogan from National Geographic’s Megafish Project, and last week we fished with Indy Car Champion Dario Franchitti.

Windamere Recon
Dave and I are looking to head to Lake Windemere next week for a couple of days. It will be a mid-week trip, leaving Sunday about 7pm and returning Tuesday night. The idea is for us to learn a new location and to give a couple of people the chance to tag along. The difference with this tour is that Dave and I will be fishing as well as looking after whoever comes with us. The cost is $550 a head, which includes everything but your travel food. These trips are impromptu and always fun, so give us a call if you’re interested.
Jamin Forbes
m 0427 692 522
jamin@riverinasportfishing.com
www.riverinasportfishing.com