Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...
Recent Pictures (List All)

Rating: (None)
Views: 34
Comments (0)

Views: 37
Comments (0)

Views: 35
Comments (4)

Views: 25
Comments (0)

Author Topic: Eudlo Creek lake access - Sunshine Coast  (Read 7724 times)

Offline Member

• Sweetwater Fishing Australia
  • Administrator
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2751
  • -Receive: 1294
  • Liked: 88
  • Sweetwater Fishing Australia
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Connors River
Eudlo Creek lake access - Sunshine Coast
« on: January 04, 2012, 08:36:49 PM »
I spent an hour late this after noon trying to find access point to a couple of lakes on Eudlo Creek, Sunshine Coast.

At every turn using car GPS, street directory & google maps (on mobile phone) I couldn't find a way to acess either of them.

The larger one one the eastern side of the highway seems to be possibly accessable if you paddle upstream from the crossing on Old Maroochydore Rd, however the bridge is quite narrow & bush is a little thick.

The three lakes on the western side of the Bruce Highway - The smaller of three appears to be accessible via Leafy Lane, however it finshes at gates to private property, but you can at least see it.
The southern most lake you would think can be accessed from from Winston Road via Palmwoods, again you can at least see it before the private property signage excludes further exploration. This one actually has an earthen dam wall and must be at least deep enough for boats as there are waterski lanes & a ski jump on it. The three western lakes maybe privately owned, as they are not across thenatural water course, however the eastern lake is part of the creek course.

Has anyone managed to get in there or know how to access this lake on Eudlo Creek?

http://maps.google.com.au/?ll=-26.67676,153.007708&spn=0.038577,0.0842&t=h&vpsrc=6&z=14 

http://g.co/maps/sg2ph

Offline Member

• Lure Maker
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 25
  • Liked: 29
  • Sweetwater Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Ever changing
Re: Eudlo Creek lake access - Sunshine Coast
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 03:45:07 PM »
G'Day Fitzy I was looking for something else when I came across this post - looked at the date you posted it thinking I'm sure that was around the time I went in there. On the 5th of Jan. I tried to access the northern end via the old Maroochydore /Nambour rd but found private property signs. The creek looked too overgrown by the bridge to be able to paddle up,possibly deep enough but clogged with surface weed and bankside grass. I went around to the SW side via Sandalwood lane again finding a private driveway by the civil works depot. I had a fish in the small pond right beside the road on the left which although small looked good but no fish or activity. Curious as to access to the larger lake that was visible I quickly walked down the private road off to the right and came up to the lake edge.Its a sizeable body of water fringed with thick grass and narrow lily pad beds. The water was very discoloured but I had a quick fish with a spinnerbait but was paranoid of the property owner cruising by. A night fish might be the go as there would have to be bass in there and no fences to jump once you get to their electric gates - just walk to the right. It's a shame its locked away from the public. Pat

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 419
  • -Receive: 279
  • Liked: 46
  • Sweetwater Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
Re: Eudlo Creek lake access - Sunshine Coast
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 05:46:25 PM »
Hey fella's, I've run into the same problems you guys have! Sorry i can't be of help.