Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...
Recent Pictures (List All)

Rating: (None)
Views: 34
Comments (0)

Views: 37
Comments (0)

Views: 35
Comments (4)

Views: 25
Comments (0)

Author Topic: Sportek SUP test drive  (Read 5997 times)

Offline Member

• Sweetwater Fishing Australia
  • Administrator
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2751
  • -Receive: 1294
  • Liked: 88
  • Sweetwater Fishing Australia
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Connors River
Sportek SUP test drive
« on: December 12, 2012, 01:07:30 AM »
I test paddled a Sportek SUP320 Stand Up Paddle board on the weekend.

These are a PVC inflatable board that constructed using some you beaut drop stitch technology which provides outstanding rigidity and strength. I was amazed at how stiff / rigid it was when inflated. It's stiff enough to just strap it onto the roof rack at day's end with no flex on the roof while driving on the highway.

The non-slip (looks like EVA) material on the top side is soft and comfortable under foot. I didn't get a weight for it but it can't be more than 6 or 8kg making it really easy for even the kids to pick up and carry.

I found the Sportek SUP to be very stable and easy to paddle, and as quick as my other kayaks. There was no noticable "sag" in the body of the board that I was expecting (being inflatable) when putting my 90kg in the middle of it. It is supposed to have a 115kg carrying capacity; to test this we loaded 2 adults and 2 kids on it and even managed to get most of us standing up before sinking one end (yep my end). The kids had a ball on it, even prefering it to the canoe, we spent most of the weekend down the river playing.

In all, I went away pretty impressed with it and recon I'll get one for the kids (and me) for christmas. I can picture myself putting a tackle box or esky on it as a seat and take it fishing. Fishing wise it would be pretty good at getting into hard to access locations.

Comes with a back pack / carry bag, a pump (with pressure guage) and a SOT kayak style seat suitable to sit someone at the front on the board. Also has three removable fins for the rear if you want it for surf riding / tracking, I fitted only one of them and it performed great; tracked well.

RRP is 795 bucks
Length is 3.2 meters

Small | Large

Anyhow, below is a few pictures. You can see how small it rolls up to.
Note the kayak in the back ground of one of the pics. These guys caught bass right there while we were splashing around making a racket...  :thumbsup

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 497
  • -Receive: 405
  • Liked: 22
  • Show me the Unicorn
  • View Gallery
Re: Sportek SUP test drive
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 09:07:17 PM »
 :GoodPost)

Gotta love the concentration on the princess  :youbeauty

Gotta love how the kids take to it like a duck to water.