Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...

General Category > General Discussion

Snaglesss soft plastics

(1/2) > >>

Trav:
So seeing as fishing the weeds and lillies seems to be a popular way to hook barra in the dams, has anyone had much luck with weedless soft plastics weighted with split shot, or unweighted. In Awoonga specifically

Binder:
Caught plenty of barra on "texas rigged" plastics in the lily's at lenthalls before they raised the wall  (Body of the hook under the plastic with the hook tip just under the surface of the plastic). but be warned the tow point is still a mecca for weed and lily's to catch up on~!

Getting pretty hard to do these days, so many large plastics come prerigged.

Trav:
cheers thanks for that.

Toddy:
Mate have a look at the Reaction Strike hooks with the pigs dick up the front.They have worked well for me but like Blinder said they require attention and I havnt seen any of the smaller hook sizes in shops in Brisbane but I know they are available OS.

Toddy

wrenchman:
Yep like Binder  said  "TEXAS RIGGING "  you need whats called a worm hook , not easy to explane what they look like just do a " google "   you can get them in all different sizes  and with different weigths on them aswell . excellent for Soft plastic Frogs ... i am sure if you do a search on Youtube  you will find something . heaps of Barra anglers use them .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version