Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...
Recent Pictures (List All)

Rating: (None)
Views: 34
Comments (0)

Views: 37
Comments (0)

Rating: ****
Views: 37
Comments (4)

Views: 25
Comments (0)

Author Topic: Moogerah Tips  (Read 2041 times)

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 67
  • Liked: 4
  • Custom Lure Technician
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Anywhere there are fish to be caught!
Moogerah Tips
« on: June 06, 2013, 02:56:16 PM »
Hi guys. Thinking of hitting up Moogerah soon for some off-season Bass. Never been there before. Does anyone have any advice as to where to launch my yak, good spots to try and techniques? Is Moogerah worth it in the cooler weather, or should I stick with Wivenhoe this time of year? Any advice much appreciated.

Cheers,
Beetle

Offline Member

• Contributor
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 244
  • -Receive: 694
  • Liked: 130
  • Unicorn Hunter
  • View Gallery
Re: Moogerah Tips
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 06:53:42 PM »
There are two options for launching kayaks at Moogerah. You can launch from the boat ramp and run the ski boat gauntlet paddling across the dam to the deeper water or you can launch from the grassy point in the picnic area near the wall. Basically puts you right on the buoy line over the deep water and it's not too taxing paddling around to the gorge either.

Also, to get to the boat ramp, there's the boom gate that needs to be negotiated first. A pin code for the day is available from the camp ground kiosk.

I have caught fish in the past pegging spinnerbaits into the flooded trees and by trolling hard bodies around the edges.

Cheers,
Dave.

Upcoming Events, Fishing Competitions, Shows, Expos etc.....

Upcoming Events