Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...
Recent Pictures (List All)

Rating: (None)
Views: 34
Comments (0)

Views: 37
Comments (0)

Views: 35
Comments (4)

Views: 25
Comments (0)

Author Topic: Sweet days.....Part 1.  (Read 9519 times)

Offline Member

• Store Customer
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 74
  • Liked: 8
  • Sweetwater Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
Sweet days.....Part 1.
« on: September 27, 2010, 09:39:37 PM »
Some days I think you were only meant to get out of bed and go fishing for the experience and sheer joy...Sunday was one of those days.   8)
Leigh and I had made plans to catch up for a fish Sunday on a local spot that I have driven past countless times and gazed longingly over the side of the bridge. We had hoped to do two up with the cars but after a quick check by Leigh that plan was shelved due to roadwork’s cutting off our access route. So in and out the same way became the order of the day. We had a good haul to face on the return trip. But isn’t this what makes this type of Bassin’ fun!!!  ;D
After a quick drop down the steep bank (steep wasn’t the word!!!  ) we hit the water and headed off. With neither having ever been on this stretch of river before it was more a fact finding mission and to check out what fish may lie here calling it home. I had the first swipe for the day with a bass lying up tight against a standing log under some small overhang. But as we soon found out these Bass were cagey as. One chance was all you got and if they missed it they stayed put with their tails firmly planted at home. We encountered the usual log jams and shallow areas one would expect to come across and to know that you’re merely a stone’s throw from a busy road one could easily lose themselves in this lost world.
We decided to turn around and head back with the next plan to try another spot I have wanted to try for awhile. Firstly though we had the rather arduous task of navigating back up that small embankment. Thank god I’d had my weeties for breakfast!!! Who said small water Bassin’ was easy!!  :P ::)

Cheers...now stay tuned....  ;D

Toni

Ocean Kayak Pro Staff

http://www.ocean-kayak.com.au