Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...
Recent Pictures (List All)

Rating: (None)
Views: 34
Comments (0)

Views: 37
Comments (0)

Views: 35
Comments (4)

Views: 25
Comments (0)

Author Topic: First Ever Barra 2004  (Read 4136 times)

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
  • Liked: 1
  • Sweetwater Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Lake Monduran
First Ever Barra 2004
« on: April 01, 2012, 03:06:08 PM »
First Ever Barra 2004

http://www.sweetwaterfishing.com.au/Forum/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view&id=1485

First Barra i ever caught in 2004 at Monduran , 7th Day Adventist Bay , we got lots of fish out of that bay over the 5 days we were there and it was that trip that got me hooked on impoundment Barra! Those small fish go nuts  :youbeauty

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 419
  • -Receive: 279
  • Liked: 46
  • View Gallery
Re: First Ever Barra 2004
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 06:22:31 PM »
Nice little bay that one Hirsty, seems to always get over looked though, being so close to the ramp! :youbeauty

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
  • Liked: 1
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Lake Monduran
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 01:36:28 PM »

Yeah because we didn't know the dam very well we just started at the closest good looking country and over the years we just slowly pushed further up the dam.. I still remember how much that lil fish gave it to me , i couldn't believe how hard it pulled and how easy it  took line off a locked up drag! Those first couple of years fishing monduran where we caught a lot of small fish ( 65 - 85's ) around tight timber on gold bombers were some of the best fishing experiences i've ever had , driving the poor old boat full throttle on the electric into standing dead timber , tress breaking off falling in the boat , nearly falling in the water , rods bending scarily around trees as a barra tries to wind it's way through them , busted up gold bombers ( got a box of about 30 busted bombers somewhere from over the years ). Some of the tight places we used to get the lil 385 explorer in, spelt nothing but danger for actually landing a barra but geez it was intense and great fun!! It took us a few years to crack the metre mark and every trip from that first one we set a new record for us but by only by small amounts ( 20-50 mm ) , it did get frustrating hearing bout guys getting metre barra but we always caught fish and for a weekend fishing we'd get up around 20 sometimes more fish regularly and to be honest the tight timber we fished in those days the chances of landing a big girl would of been very very slim.... Now days it seems it's a lot of open water fishing , fishing weed edges etc... So i'm looking forward to getting out to Faust and throwing some hardbodies to timber now i'm up here , from what i've read i'm gonna have to hang on and take lots of lures ha ha The 50lb impoundment barra stick will get a good workout  :youbeauty

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 419
  • -Receive: 279
  • Liked: 46
  • View Gallery
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 06:52:17 PM »
Nice read mate!

Monduran's glory days will return sooner than later that's for sure. :youbeauty

I'm glad I experienced some awesome sessions up there prior to the floods. I remeber my first from there, a 102cm model from Bass Straight...took me 4 trips though, well worth it considering what I've learnt since then.