Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...
Recent Pictures (List All)

Rating: (None)
Views: 34
Comments (0)

Views: 37
Comments (0)

Views: 35
Comments (4)

Views: 25
Comments (0)

Author Topic: Reynolds Creek ( below Lake Moogerah )  (Read 17228 times)

Offline Member

• Contributor
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 244
  • -Receive: 694
  • Liked: 129
  • Unicorn Hunter
  • View Gallery
Reynolds Creek ( below Lake Moogerah )
« on: March 23, 2011, 09:46:17 PM »
After being inspired by the shore based anglers in another thread , it prompted me to investigate further.

Looking at the map , the Charlwood Road crossing of Reynolds Creek seemed to be a good spot to launch a yak . Upon arriving  , not only finding a suitable launch spot but parking for the car was a little limited . Managed to unload everything just near the bridge approach on the western side , then moved the car a little further up the road as the bridge is only single lane.

The creek was flowing well , my guess was that Moogerah was still spilling. Water clarity got better the further upstream I got from the bridge. Directly downstream from the bridge , the landholders allow their stock to graze right down to the waters edge ( I saw dairy cows on one side and goats on the other ) .

Upstream has some very nice still sections with plenty of snags and cover . These still sections are joined by walkable rapids that are easily negotiated using a rope tied to the front of the watercraft that you might be using. I didn't quite make it all the way up to the gorge , there was a log jam I encountered after lunch that I couldn't be bothered to persist with. The below pics will give you an idea how nice this water is.

Cheers,
Dave.

Wilderness Systems Tarpon100
Wilderness Systems Aspire105 x3
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 105
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 120
Wilderness Systems Pamlico 135T

Offline Member

• Contributor
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • Unicorn Hunter
  • View Gallery
Re: Reynolds Creek ( below Lake Moogerah )
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 09:48:03 PM »
continued....

Offline Member

• Lure Maker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 414
  • -Receive: 233
  • Liked: 27
  • hunter
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: oh somewhere out near the border ranges ....
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 09:50:36 PM »
Have been there a few times and never been botherd launching a kayak the banks are a bit steep. Plus everybugger has been going there.

Any luck ?

Offline Member

• Contributor
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • Unicorn Hunter
  • View Gallery
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 10:06:00 PM »
Have been there a few times and never been botherd launching a kayak the banks are a bit steep. Plus everybugger has been going there.

Any luck ?

A few

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 497
  • -Receive: 405
  • Liked: 22
  • Show me the Unicorn
  • View Gallery
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 07:00:27 AM »
Nice skinny water in spots Dave

That Tandanus is dark.

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 3
  • Liked: 0
  • Sweetwater Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 06:34:06 PM »
I only fished under bridge at that spot the other weekend, but did really want to see those rapids, I could hear them, but couldn't be bothered launching :-) Great pix thanks.

Before I went there I walked as far as I could down stream from the wier, It didn't look like it was even walkable past the first pool(at the wier) as the rapids got very skinny and strong there was also a lot of fallen tree in/across them. The bank adjacent to the first rapids past the wier was also a very slippery rock face/slope that In the slight drizzle was not walkable at all. If there was no flow at all it might be a nice run from the dam wall to the bridge. Has someone done this before?

Offline Member

• Contributor
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • Unicorn Hunter
  • View Gallery
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2011, 07:33:22 PM »
I only fished under bridge at that spot the other weekend, but did really want to see those rapids, I could hear them, but couldn't be bothered launching :-) Great pix thanks.

Before I went there I walked as far as I could down stream from the wier, It didn't look like it was even walkable past the first pool(at the wier) as the rapids got very skinny and strong there was also a lot of fallen tree in/across them. The bank adjacent to the first rapids past the wier was also a very slippery rock face/slope that In the slight drizzle was not walkable at all. If there was no flow at all it might be a nice run from the dam wall to the bridge. Has someone done this before?

I had today off work too , had such a great time yesterday  , I thought I'd hit the place again. The plan this time was to fish all the way up to the spot where I turned around yesterday and go past there and see what lies upstream.
Well , don't bother ! The creek gets very skinny , lots of fallen timber accross it , very hard going with the portage . You know that vine a bit like a rose bush with the nasty thorns in it? Its amongst all the detritus that gets in your way . Plus this skinny section goes all the way to the weir at the start of the "Gorge" . On the way back , caught countless bass ( some rats and some 40's ) and the spanglies are everywhere.

Arriving back at the bridge where the day started , I thought I'd continue to flick some lures in the pool down past the bridge. Towards the end of the pool I thought I could here wizzing sounds like that of a slug gun . I continued flicking the S/B and noticed the rounds from the slug gun were landing around me . Ends up the landholder at number 325 Charlwood road has got the shites with me cause I did not ask his permission to fish the creek !!! WTF ????? Access to the creek is from the road corridor under the birdge and at no time did I enter his land.
After this altercation I paddled off to continue flicking lures as that end of the pool landed me some very big bass the previous arvo. The shots from the gun continued  , landing very close , until one struck the yak just above the waterline below my seat !! That was it , I headed over to the buck toothed white trash inbred cow cocky and asked again what right he had to be shooting at me. He went on to say if I ended up shot  it would be my fault as he was shooting at birds .
So, if you want to fish this creek , body armour is optional. I will be having a chat with the boys in blue about this idiot tomorrow .The bite is on , bass and yellas are very willing to nail your lures . I hope everyone else does not get the same reception I did while sampling the reynolds creek "turkey shoot".
Cheers,
Dave.

Offline Member

• Lure Maker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • hunter
  • View Gallery
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2011, 07:57:41 PM »
Slug gun or .243 shooting at a person is the same thing and extremely dangerous. Air rifles have claimed lives and are still a very dangerous firearm, I would be taking this to the boys in blue asap as i bet yoru bottom dollar this air rifle is unregisterd.

As a fisho and shooter this boils my blood beyond belief!  >:( >:( >:( >:(

Maybe a cricket bat to the knee's was in order for this prick, but do the right thing and report it.

Next time you go there simply record the act on camera and see how big the bugger is then!

Steve

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 3
  • View Gallery
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2011, 08:27:45 PM »
Wow some people! Definitly go blue on them. Some lots in the area seem to cover the watercourse but that one doesn't, there is even some crown land behind it that you could fish from, maybe get some mates and have a bbq there just to rub him up more(possibly not a good idea considering the alleged mental stability) but yeah he has no rights to the water.

On another note, Is that another wier in the second last pic?

Offline Member

• Sweetwater Fishing Australia
  • Administrator
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2751
  • -Receive: 1294
  • Liked: 88
  • Sweetwater Fishing Australia
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Connors River
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2011, 06:36:09 AM »
Wow, I just might mosey on out to banjo country for a paddle myself & see if Jethroe wants to play tag.

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 28
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Where ever the lawn mower isn't
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2011, 08:26:37 AM »
Dave,
That be plucker country sho nuff!  Did he say anything like" You sho got a purdy mouth boy!" ?

Only one answer for this bloke, let the Wallopers deal with him. I'll bet my next pay packet he's already known to them.

Jeff

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 497
  • -Receive: 405
  • Liked: 22
  • Show me the Unicorn
  • View Gallery
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2011, 11:16:43 AM »
Dave

thats a load of sh!t, if you dont want to go blue we can arrange a group gathering down there and play on the water.

Offline Member

• Lure Maker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • hunter
  • View Gallery
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2011, 12:34:56 PM »
I got a whoooole 20 ltr bucket of old shotgun shells that need to be placed next to a fire to dispose of them .... i wonder if he will kindly donate some land next to his house for the bonfire ?? sure would be a holey house.

Dammit Fitzy now i have dueling banjoes from deliverance stuck in my head !

Steve

Offline Member

• Hunter
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 12
  • View Gallery
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2011, 02:35:57 PM »
Deliverance - dualing banjos
Small | Large

Squeal like a pig
Small | Large