Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...
Recent Pictures (List All)

Rating: (None)
Views: 34
Comments (0)

Views: 37
Comments (0)

Rating: ****
Views: 37
Comments (4)

Views: 25
Comments (0)
Currently:
  • sh!t happens 5 1

Author Topic: sh!t happens  (Read 4069 times)

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 12
  • Liked: 0
  • I don't like salty anything
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Victorian High country
sh!t happens
« on: August 19, 2013, 11:46:54 PM »
Cause I'm getting a bit buggered and have problems clambering up and down creek and dam banks so in a fit of madness I thought I'll get a small boat. So found one on thiefbay that looked ok, 4.2 mtr fibreglass jigger with 50 horses and forward steer. Humminbird mounted on the dash anchors and all the other cr@p that you have to have.
I decided to make a couple of modifications to things cause I had to go to doctors all the time and couldn't get away.
Anyway, finally I'm off to Borumba, get all the gear ready, tell the boss several times yep mate jobs cool got the gear. So off I go up the highway at about 90 k's as the trailer has only got 10" wheels so better not hurry 'em too much. Just as I pass the Beerwah turn-off Bang flop crash flop, sounds like a tyre has blown, sure enough the outside tyre is very pregnant, which as we all know is way past @#$@. sh!t, what now, I know, ring the RACQ who promptly tell me to piss off we don't play with boats but can get the TT to take me back to Caboolture for $175.00, yeah mate thanks heaps. Suddenly remember a mate is parked up in Beerwah with his caravan. So I ring him up tell him the story and he says I'll get back to you. Ten minutes later and there is not a 10" tyre to be had anywhere for love or money however this bloke at Cab has some hubs and wheels and things so mate just do it please. Up he rocks  an hour later with the gear. Rip the hub off and clean the shaft grease up the new bearings and stick it together. Beauty bloke grab us a wheel and I'll stick it on and go back home and fix the other one. WTF, the bloody wheel wont fit in the frame cause it has made made for them stupid bloody wheelbarrow wheels. I know, I'll just grab the angle grinder plug the inverter in and lop it off, no bloody angle grinder.
Aha he says got the portable saw, rip the blade out stick a cutting wheel in and the frame falls off the trailer and the wheel will now fit. Mudguards dont fit though. Righto bloke I'm of up the road gently do a u-bolt and plod down the road at 70k's. I have got to Burpengary and the sign tells me 4 mins to Boundary rd and home. Not  likely say Murphy I haven't finished with you yet, you guessed it, bang flop crash flop flop thump. Pull up on the side of the road leap out
and with great knowledge and skill replace the hub and bearings, lop the frame work off, look in the boat for the other new wheel and holy snappin duck sh!t, it's still in old mates jigger, so ring him up and after 4 tries convince him that I do really need the wheel now.Bang it on and get home and the boss comes out looks at me and the boat and the maxxed out card and says OK, bring your stuff in then. That's when I find out that in my excited state to get going I have left the rods, sleeping bag, gas bottle blankets, pillow and other bits  and pieces behind.  I'm not really sure if was Murphy or the fish gods that buggered my day.

The mind keeps making contracts that the wallet has no hope of paying for !

Almost retired and like my freshwater fishing !

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 481
  • -Receive: 175
  • Liked: 6
  • Sweetwater Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Severn River at Sundown
Re: sh!t happens
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 08:30:34 AM »
You poor bugger, hope the next trip is not as exciting.

Cheers Andrew

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 420
  • -Receive: 1212
  • Liked: 104
  • Sweetwater Fishing Larrikan
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Lake Wivenhoe, where else
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 08:51:48 AM »
I remember Fitz and I heading off from Lowood with the Stratos behind destination Monduran a couple of years ago.  Got to Ashgrove and had a spring on the trailer break.  That turned into a long day with a few favours called in too.  At least we hadn't left the rods and gear behind.  I hope your next trip goes a little smoother.

Offline Member

• Contributor
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 236
  • Liked: 27
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Upper Clarence River above the Gorge
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 08:14:40 PM »
Mate,
Sounds like Mother Murphy was workin' over time that day. Better luck next time and think about putting some Man's wheels on the thing, not those ones you pinched off a wheelbarrow.
Cheers mate,
JD

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 12
  • I don't like salty anything
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Victorian High country
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 08:43:57 PM »
Got it sorted now, 14" Holden wheels should do lebbentyhundred kMH and at least 3 gazillion K's.

Offline Member

• Lure Maker
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 105
  • Liked: 3
  • View Gallery
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013, 09:22:46 PM »
10" wheels should be banned on anything bigger than a cement mixer. Min 13" with PROPER bearings is definitely the only way to roll. Shame it cost a trip to fix the trailer.

Dale, there is a shorter way to Monduran from Lowood that does not involve going south east  ;)

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 420
  • -Receive: 1212
  • Liked: 104
  • Sweetwater Fishing Larrikan
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Lake Wivenhoe, where else
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2013, 06:49:58 AM »
10" wheels should be banned on anything bigger than a cement mixer. Min 13" with PROPER bearings is definitely the only way to roll. Shame it cost a trip to fix the trailer.

Dale, there is a shorter way to Monduran from Lowood that does not involve going south east  ;)
If we'd have gone that way on that day we would have been stuck on the side of the road out near Nanango, as it was we limped to Jason Bird's house, had a new spring loaned to us by Bruce Cunningham (he took one off a trailer in his yard) because it's impossible to buy American springs in Brisbane on a Saturday, and we were on our way again before lunch.  Total cost was a bottle of Scotch for Bruce.

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 4
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: havent found it yet
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2013, 07:34:12 PM »
If Murphy was concentrating so much on giving you a hard time that day somewhere else some poor bugger probably just scraped through a sticky situation unscathed and possibly got to wet a line and maybe even catch a fish.

I drove an hour the other week to go to jumpinpin and got the boat on the water only to find that I had forgotten to put the fuel tanks in. I had plenty of time to think about my error with a long drive home (accident on highway) then wash everything down and pack it away for next time.

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 10
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: SAFWAA Private Dams, Murray River
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2013, 11:07:53 PM »
It sure is re-assuring to know that Murphy doesn't just have it in for me.
I have driven for more than 2 hours to find that I left my tent and beer on the front lawn at home.
Good news was the tent was there when I got home but by then I really needed a beer.
Hope your next fishing trip is a winner to make up for your lost day.
Cheers,
Steve  :FunnyPost)

Upcoming Events, Fishing Competitions, Shows, Expos etc.....

Upcoming Events