Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...

Special Interest > Hunting and Shooting

Best Rifle

<< < (7/8) > >>

bushwacker:
Besides 63gr soft point sierra's for small pigs they are all I use.

Anything up to 70 grain just explode and cause massive damage within the animal and over has the penetration for thicker hide animals with the same effect.

I have shot a wild dog at 90 yards with the 35grain V-max and it was a mess....

My average hunting load in the 527 American cuts a clover leaf at 90 yards... the .22 hornet just leaves 1 hole after 3 shots

takrat:

--- Quote from: bushwacker on August 18, 2013, 07:54:57 PM ---Flat or round bolt handle JD ?

I have dads .22 hornet Bruno Fox Mod 2 ... its a laser to 200 yards with a 35gr V-max... Maybe 1/4 inch drop if that.

The projectiles construction makes up for the lighter weight as they don't leave much to the imagination on impact

--- End quote ---
Round bold handle Steve, I had it chambered out to K Hornet and used only 45grain Hornady's. Best fox rifle I ever saw.
JD

aussiebasser:
I used to use a .17 Ackley Hornet Improved as a Rabbit/Fox rifle.  10 power Leupold, Harris Bi-pod.  It was built on a Brno double trigger action with a #7 Hart barrel.  It was capable of 1/2 MOA groups out to 200 yards.  It had a beautiful 26 lpi checkered Walnut stock.  This was before the .17 Rem was widely available and the .17 rimfire hadn't been heard of.  Much over 200 yards and the .220 Swift Ruger 77 was used.

Barney:

--- Quote from: aussiebasser on August 20, 2013, 07:48:15 AM ---I used to use a .17 Ackley Hornet Improved as a Rabbit/Fox rifle.  10 power Leupold, Harris Bi-pod.  It was built on a Brno double trigger action with a #7 Hart barrel.  It was capable of 1/2 MOA groups out to 200 yards.  It had a beautiful 26 lpi checkered Walnut stock.  This was before the .17 Rem was widely available and the .17 rimfire hadn't been heard of.  Much over 200 yards and the .220 Swift Ruger 77 was used.

--- End quote ---

1/2"MOA @200yards??? Thats some serious shootin! lol

.17AH were pretty good. had one based on a mint Martini falling block action. nice n fancy but not my cup o tea.

i liked my workin guns sako , tikka , remington 700s etc.
and my Sharps...lol

Barney

bondy99:
Ok, 243 it is,

Cheers

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version