Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...
Recent Pictures (List All)

Rating: (None)
Views: 34
Comments (0)

Views: 37
Comments (0)

Views: 35
Comments (4)

Views: 25
Comments (0)

Author Topic: 2013 AFTA Tackle Show  (Read 6630 times)

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 420
  • -Receive: 1212
  • Liked: 104
  • Sweetwater Fishing Larrikan
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Lake Wivenhoe, where else
2013 AFTA Tackle Show
« on: September 02, 2013, 10:43:02 AM »
I got to have a look around the AFTA Tackle Show last week and got to have a bit of a hands on play with some of the new products about to hit the market. 
Carl Jocumsen has got together with Gene Eisenmann, the inventor of the Hydrowave and they’ve released it in Australia.  The Hydrowave is a sound generator which puts a speaker below the water and plays sounds to attract fish.  In the US, most of the big name Bass Pros run these.  Jason Wilhelm has joined them and produced some Australian sounds for the unit.  There is a Surface Barra Boof, a Sub Surface Barra Boof, Boney Bream School, a Red Claw and a few others.  The theory is that the sounds attract fish to the vicinity of the boat.  At $699.00, it’s not cheap, but if you want to be on top of the competition circuit it’s going to be one of the “must have” accessories.  The Tackleworld chain have taken them on, so they’ll be available from every Tackleworld store.
www.hydrowave.com.au/
The new Daiwa Tatula is a very impressive looking reel.  With an all new level wind mechanism, it will give better casting distances in a Barra size reel.  Charltons will have them when they are released.  The Type R looked good.
www.daiwafishing.com.au/tatula/
The “Save ya Rod” system, developed on the Gold Coast will be good for the Kayakers.  It consists of a suction cup mount, a leash and a ring to mount on your rod.  Retailing for around $35.00 they’ll be a pretty good investment.  I believe there could be a couple up for grabs at the Wivenhoe comp.
www.saveyarod.com.au
Majorcraft rods have hit our shores with a very nice lineup.  I’m sure one of the Brisbane retailers will be stocking these.
www.majorcraft.com.au/

There was a lot of other new stuff as well, so it looks like this year will see some pretty good advances in equipment and lures.

Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to.