Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...
Recent Pictures (List All)

Rating: (None)
Views: 34
Comments (0)

Views: 37
Comments (0)

Views: 35
Comments (4)

Views: 25
Comments (0)

Author Topic: Australian Bass PB at Ewen Maddock Dam  (Read 3455 times)

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 419
  • -Receive: 279
  • Liked: 46
  • Sweetwater Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
Australian Bass PB at Ewen Maddock Dam
« on: June 11, 2012, 12:51:35 PM »
This morning Ewen Maddock Fish Management Inc. was to have a social day on the lake of Ewen Maddock Dam followed by a BBQ lunch, however with the weather being so bleak, I found myself being the only one stupid enough to brave the conditions.

On arrival I was met by very cool 35km/h wind gusts with squally rain periods, however funnily enough I was still confident in landing a fish.

As I proceeded over to the weed banks where so many good fish have been caught of late, I began to cast my TT Lure Switchblade about with purpose, in and around pockets of these weed beds. Within 10 minutes I had landed my first fish where a 23cm Spangled Perch took a liking to this imitation bait.

Not happy with the vibration the lure was producing with my slower retrieve, I placed the tow clip of the lure one notch back which increased the vibration quality immensely. It was decided to head around the corner of the sedge weed lined bank a bit further to find cover out of the wind. The water current was pushing past this point quite hard along with any little morsels floating within this body of water. This water movement also created a nice bit of still water and a large eddy on the back side of this point where I began to target my casts. Within minutes my lure gets slammed by an unsuspecting fish. It was exhilarating to hear and see line peeling of the reel as the fish made its way deeper within the water column. I could feel the line being pulled against the weed and cutting its way through on numerous occasions which left me extremely anxious in getting this fish yak side. Soon enough, I managed to persuade the fish to the surface for my first glimpse of this Bass.

A few photos were taken and a quick measure before its release saw me grinning from ear to ear.

The fish measured 55cm yet closer to 56cm.

Cheers Dave

Offline Member

• Contributor
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 244
  • -Receive: 694
  • Liked: 129
  • Unicorn Hunter
  • View Gallery
Re: Australian Bass PB at Ewen Maddock Dam
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 08:55:56 PM »