Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...
Recent Pictures (List All)

Rating: (None)
Views: 34
Comments (0)

Views: 37
Comments (0)

Views: 35
Comments (4)

Views: 25
Comments (0)

Author Topic: Qld Maiden Voyage Twin Bridges  (Read 2921 times)

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 108
  • -Receive: 102
  • Liked: 4
  • Sweetwater Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Wivenhoe Dam
Qld Maiden Voyage Twin Bridges
« on: November 15, 2013, 11:53:41 AM »
I am a big fan of Hobie ‘peddle’ kayaks, but I have for ages wanted to have a go at the skinny water, where mirage drives get damaged on submerged logs and rocks in the shallows. Now that Ana is required to work Mon – Fri, I have the opportunity to fish a lot of places that Ana wouldn’t care to tackle, but my budget doesn’t allow for an expensive new kayak. 

I recently made a successful online auction bid on a small ‘paddle’ kayak that I can knock about, drag across the rapids or up the embankment. It’s not a flash unit, and I don’t think it would be good for long distance, but it will serve it’s purpose.
I launched from Twin Bridges around 7am on Thursday for the maiden voyage, and very much enjoyed my time on the water. I had planned to travel a lot further upstream than I actually did, but my shoulders aren’t used to this work, and were ‘warning’ me not to overdo it. I spent 4 hours on the water all up, missed quite a few strikes but landed a couple of small bass. I got home before the storms broke.

I have realised a couple of things during the trip. One ... My legs will peddle all day, but my arms need to be built up. Second ... I need a lot more practice on casting ( and possibly a better rod ). I am so used to trolling lakes with the hobie, and I now have a new found respect for the skills and stamina of my fellow yakers who do things differently to me. I look forward to checking out some more out of the way spots within reach of Ipswich in the near future. Catching fish is a bonus .... just BEING there is a pleasure. If anyone has any suggestions on where to try next, or would allow me to tag along on a Thursday or Friday, please drop me a line.
Cheers

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 140
  • -Receive: 81
  • Liked: 1
  • Sweetwater Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
Re: Qld Maiden Voyage Twin Bridges
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 08:13:39 PM »
Paul good to read you had some fun in your new toy.