Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...

General Category > NSW Locations

Deepwater River

<< < (3/3)

Sweetwater:

--- Quote from: Brad H on March 31, 2012, 09:49:29 PM ---I have been told there are trout above the highway bridge. There is a hut out on the 10 mile road that was leased by the Claret & Mallard fly club in Brissie. Apparently there are some trout up in the headwaters. Locals consider it Cod country downstream from town bridge.
Brad

--- End quote ---

I did a seminar for the Claret & Mallard Fly Club a couple of years ago. I was extended an invite down to the property they fish on that is on the upper reaches of the Deepwater River, a very nice gesture. Apparently in recent years cod have started to appear in the upper reaches, I was invited to go there to catch the cod up there. They wanted the cod "removed" so that they didn't eat the trout. On that basis, I declined as I'd probably do the opposite...........   :walkplank

UBK:
Not sure on deep water river itself, but look for beardy waters. But there are waters around, on either side of glen innes that have trout, rainbows too I believe... Best bet would be to chat to some locals if ya get the block!

queenfish:
I used to fish deepwater a lot with fly specialy for cod.
There is no trout before the bridge at ten mile, used to catch trout past the bridge, the last few years the cod were right up where
the trout lived never seen trout for 3-4 years now.
There were some guys stocking it with trout years ego but not anymore.
This days it's very hard finding a friendly farmer to let you in his property re insurance and liability.

Good luck with your property enjoy your cod fishing and ocasional yellow belly, take good care of them.

theduke:
Mate fished the deepwater system for years and we only got rainbows there no browns,
Cod have eaten the trout out and made a great cod fishery.

Have not caught a trout around deepwater for years, but I believe the trout group from brissie get them and stock them in the very upper reaches.

Cheers
Tom

StevenM:
So did ha buy the block? And did you find any trout?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version