Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...

General Category > NSW Locations

Deepwater River

<< < (2/3) > >>

Brad H:
I have been told there are trout above the highway bridge. There is a hut out on the 10 mile road that was leased by the Claret & Mallard fly club in Brissie. Apparently there are some trout up in the headwaters. Locals consider it Cod country downstream from town bridge.
Brad

boarslayer:
Thanks guys I guess only time will tell. Now to buy some trout lures. Any you could recommend for light spin gear as i've never fished for them before, and i'm not to good with a fly rod last time I tried to cast a fly I wore it in the neck.

takrat:
Jack,
I'm not much of a troutie but I reckon you couldn't go wrong with a few small minnow lures the size you'd use for Bream. Trout are pretty flighty and you need long accurate casts. The best way is to cast upstream because trout always swim facing into the current. Other lures are the old standbys like Celta's and Tassie Devils. You'll want a light 1-3 kg rod and 4-6lb braid witha rod length of 6lb flourocarbon. Any way, that's how I'd do it.
Cheers,
JD

Junglefisher:
In Tassie my 2 favoutite trout lures were the ecogear MW72 and MX48 in black and gold. I had an MW that caught over 100 trout before it got taken to lure heaven by a big one.
Looks like a slice of heaven you have there and by the sounds of it, you might even catch cod and trout in the same fishing trip. Now wouldn't that be something?

Brett Guy:
Forget the tassie devils in small streams as they are heavy as buggery and hit the water hard. Celtas are hard to beat, especially after good rain and all the small divers will be good. Go for the longer profile divers as opposed to the short fat ones though. I have always found they are more effective. Bouncing small plastics down the rapids and riffles is also a very effective method.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version