Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...

Special Interest > Rods n Reels

Daiwa Generation Black rods

(1/3) > >>

aussiebasser:
I just picked up my first Generation Black rod, and for around $150.00 it is very good value for money, and they are fitted with Fuji Alconite guides.  I got the Beefstik, which is a 6' Heavy action baitcaster rated to 9kg.  I got this one to use in PNG, and also to have in the boat as a spare "visitors" big Barra rod at Awoonga.  The build quality and feel of the blank certainly doesn't feel like a cheap rod.  The Generation Black range should cover most angling requirements, and I can see the Finezza being a great Bass rod.  The Cranky should be a good Cod/Barra baitcaster as well.  Some of the other model names, like Itchy Twitchy, Drunknmonkey and Wild Weasel tell us that Brad is still naming the Daiwa Australian rods.  For the Threadline Barra guys, the Swamp Donkey should be just the ticket.  I'm sure Charlton's at Redbank will be stocking them, if not, they should be, and they'll be able to order them in for you.  These rods should be a big seller for Daiwa.

StevenM:
Yeah Charltons do have a few

Gave had a look and as you say, very good build and quaility for the money.

Some of the guides are micro jobs and not sure if they would fit the bill for every one

bushwacker:
Might have to have a look see before i break all my poofter sticks  :walkplank

UBK:
I did see them in Charltons, very sweet feeling rod for the coin!

Binder:

--- Quote from: StevenM on November 27, 2012, 09:35:56 AM ---

Some of the guides are micro jobs and not sure if they would fit the bill for every one

--- End quote ---

So an issue for 50lb leader knots?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version