Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...
Recent Pictures (List All)

Rating: (None)
Views: 34
Comments (0)

Views: 37
Comments (0)

Views: 35
Comments (4)

Views: 25
Comments (0)

Author Topic: Baroon Pocket Social -EMFM inc  (Read 3076 times)

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 309
  • Liked: 34
  • Sweetwater Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Baroon Pocket Dam
Baroon Pocket Social -EMFM inc
« on: October 04, 2011, 05:01:03 AM »
Sunday was the first Ewen Maddock Fish Management social day at Baroon Pocket.
I had been looking forward to this trip for a while, took Ray and the silver bullet for a run, as the forecast was for a bit of wind later in the day, and my old rudderless tempo is not all that friendly in the wind!

Hit the dam at opening time to find Bracey already parked up with the yak ready to go. Was part way through launching when Steve showed up. About 3 Nano seconds of banter about where to go to get a few fish from Steve and Dave - I new where the fish were, so I was off, with some vague directions on where the fish were yelled over my shoulder to Dave and Steve.

Ray and I set the boat up, both anchors out, adjusted to we had the right depth and angle across the chosen drop off and sent out the shrimp to wait.

From then until the wind got up around 9 o'clock the bass kept us busy with a constant flow of fish in to the boat. Had 23 when the wind got up, then spent the next 2 hours watching the blokes in the yaks struggling to stay comfortable,  for only another 5 fish in the boat. Smallest caught was 38cm, largest 47cm (my second biggest Baroon Pocket bass, still have not cracked the 50 there)

Wind just kept getting stronger and stronger, with the smaller anchor totally useless even just to stop the yaw. With whitecaps across the bay we headed back to the BBQ area, meet up with Ross, Dave, Steve and his young fella (sorry shocking with names). Was stoked to hear that Steve's young fella had caught his first "casting lure" fish in a nice bass, also impressed Steve had also managed a 47cm bass on bait as well.

Dave was introduced the hard way to the local thieving kookaburra, who stole his cheese sanger out of his hand mid bite. Mind you this was after I had warned Dave about their antics, having had a snag stolen off my plate while holding it last trip.  Dave accused me of spotting the kooka coming and not warning him. ::)   I was to busy guarding my pork chop! Thats my story and I'm sticking to it! :-X

Anyway a great day, good to get out and catch a few fish, here are a few pics.

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 481
  • -Receive: 175
  • Liked: 6
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Severn River at Sundown
Re: Baroon Pocket Social -EMFM inc
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 08:23:47 AM »
Sounds like a good session Binder, shame about the wind. Thats a fat catty too, quite enjoy a feed of them. Good to see the dam producing a few fish, it can only get better now wiyh you boys on the job. :youbeauty

Cheers Andrew

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 419
  • -Receive: 279
  • Liked: 46
  • View Gallery
Re: Baroon Pocket Social -EMFM inc
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 05:29:17 PM »