Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...
Recent Pictures (List All)

Rating: (None)
Views: 34
Comments (0)

Views: 37
Comments (0)

Views: 35
Comments (4)

Views: 25
Comments (0)

Author Topic: Hydroscopic Fuel Fase Separation  (Read 2750 times)

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 31
  • -Receive: 15
  • Liked: 1
  • Sweetwater Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Ovens River Eurobin Victoria
Hydroscopic Fuel Fase Separation
« on: January 07, 2015, 08:41:47 AM »
I'm wondering if any one has the correct info on which fuel to use in a 2stroke oil injected outboard motor, I was told by my Yamaha service dealer that BP 82 regular is ok but after watching a Yamaha video suggesting to steer away from e10 fuel because it is a Hydroscopic attractant and with Queensland's weather being unpredictable at best this time of year my boat tends to spend too much time idle, I have used fuel stabiliser but because of medical issues my boat can sometimes sit for months on end, to add confusion to all of this the bowser at my local BP has a warning not to use the regular fuel on marine engines, 
Regards Bluey55

Offline Member

• Lure Maker
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 105
  • Liked: 3
  • View Gallery
Re: Hydroscopic Fuel Fase Separation
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 08:56:01 PM »
Bluey, I have been told to use nothing lower than 95 octane, in ANY two stroke including the mower and whipper. Something to do with it being closer to the old Super Fuel octane rating back in the day and more suitable for the compression ratio on motors built now and achieve best performance...blah...blah..blah...OH LOOK A SQUIRREL :Oops).

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 31
  • -Receive: 15
  • Liked: 1
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Ovens River Eurobin Victoria
Re: Hydroscopic Fuel Fase Separation
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 08:46:58 AM »
Thanks Brad H, Yes mate that's what the pump at BP service station says but I just dropped my boat off at the Yamaha service centre and the manager told me that 81 fuel is ok and he said that 85 & above is a greater hydroscopic attractant, I think Yamaha are referring to the 81 E10 fuel, anyway I'll pop in some yamalube stabilizer, #hits me when the experts can't agree and if we get it wrong there goes our warranty. 

Upcoming Events, Fishing Competitions, Shows, Expos etc.....

Upcoming Events