Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...
Recent Pictures (List All)

Rating: (None)
Views: 34
Comments (0)

Views: 37
Comments (0)

Views: 35
Comments (4)

Views: 25
Comments (0)

Linked Events

• Monduran Family Fishing Classic: October 09, 2010 - October 10, 2010

Author Topic: Monduran Family Fishing Classic  (Read 15730 times)

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 419
  • -Receive: 279
  • Liked: 46
  • Sweetwater Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
Monduran Family Fishing Classic
« on: September 24, 2010, 04:38:57 PM »
Well it's come around pretty quick again as the date of the annual Monduran Family Fishing Classic quickly approaches so I thought I'd post up a reminder to those who are keen Barra anglers or if you would like to experience something a little different and the adrenaline rush of catching a metre plus Barramundi. It's a very social weekend and a good opportunity to share techniques and thoughts about catching yourself one of these Australian iconic sportfish.

The Lake Monduran Family Fishing Classic is on again on the 9th & 10th of Oct 2010.
This weekend is a fun social weekend with lots of giveaway prizes for juniors and seniors. Plus great prizes for the biggest Barra, Bass, Catfish etc caught over the weekend. You might even walk away with a new boat!!!! This weekend is not for the serious tourno angler but for the social family anglers who just want a top weekend. All monies raised over this weekend help to stock Monduran for our future fishing enjoyment.

Accomodation is at the holiday park at the dam, bookings are essential. Here is a link to there site. http://www.lakem.com.au/ or there is other accomodation in Gin Gin, located 20km's south of the dam.

For more about the weekend, the good oil and entry details, go to Foxies site http://www.barratackle.com.au/index.php?_a=viewDoc&docId=25

See you up there!

Cheers Dave

Offline Member

• Sweetwater Fishing Australia
  • Administrator
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2751
  • -Receive: 1294
  • Liked: 88
  • Sweetwater Fishing Australia
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Connors River
Re: Monduran Family Fishing Classic
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 03:08:16 PM »
G'Day Bracey.

Have linked this post to the Calendar.

Fingers crossed for good weather, a good turnout & some big fish getting caught.

Cheers,

fitzy..

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • View Gallery
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 05:57:48 AM »
Thanks Fitzy,

Yep it would be great to see some great numbers caught and a good turn out that's for sure, after what has been a year of much needed rain. This time last year we couldn't have fires in the camp grounds as there was a ban due to it being so dry and the lake was about 30% full from memory.

How things have changed, we have a new lake at just over 80% capacity, old hot spots are now 30ft under the water, new areas have formed and it is a level playing field.

I have a couple of issues to contend with before that weekend, if I make it up there I won't be fishing in the comp, just heading up to support the other members of the Monduran Anglers & Stocking Assoc.

Good luck to all who are competing!

Dave

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • View Gallery
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 05:55:59 PM »
Unfortunately due to unforeseen work committments, I won't be able to extend my assistance in helping MASA this weekend of the comp.

I was looking forward to catching up to a few members and anglers who are competing over the weekend. It's a shame you can't be in two places at once but family comes first especially in these uncertain times.

Stay safe over the weekend and I wish everyone the best.

Cheers Dave