Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...
Recent Pictures (List All)

Rating: (None)
Views: 34
Comments (0)

Views: 37
Comments (0)

Views: 35
Comments (4)

Views: 25
Comments (0)

Author Topic: Maroon Dam Fishing Well  (Read 17866 times)

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 9
  • Liked: 0
  • Sweetwater Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
Re: Maroon Dam Fishing Well
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2013, 11:45:58 AM »
Nice side stepping of the questions, but they still remains.  Will the competition organisers be making a donation to the Volunteer Stocking Group who are the people who make this fishery what it is?
Did SEQWater charge you a fee for running this Competition?  (They charge ABT $500 per competition on Somerset)

Simple Yes or No answers will be fine.

It is not a charity event, we operate a business.  Yes, SEQWater have charged for the event.  No charity or stocking group has approached us.  The Bluefin Lake Maroon Fishing Classic is scheduled for 15-17 November.  So far we have received nothing but support for showing some initiative in putting it all together, but we don't know how many participants we'll even have.  It's up to each individual to decide if they would like to attend.  If it's against somebody's principles, well, I guess they won't attend.  I think it's well priced at $24 senior & $12 junior.  We are trying to put together a weekend that will be enjoyable and educational for everyone.

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 82
  • -Receive: 20
  • View Gallery
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2013, 07:37:22 PM »
It is not a charity event, we operate a business.  Yes, SEQWater have charged for the event.  No charity or stocking group has approached us.  The Bluefin Lake Maroon Fishing Classic is scheduled for 15-17 November.  So far we have received nothing but support for showing some initiative in putting it all together, but we don't know how many participants we'll even have.  It's up to each individual to decide if they would like to attend.  If it's against somebody's principles, well, I guess they won't attend.  I think it's well priced at $24 senior & $12 junior.  We are trying to put together a weekend that will be enjoyable and educational for everyone.
This weekend proposed falls on the same weekend of the ABT Kayak Bass final, so that take a few of the kayakers away if they make the finals.

Ray

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 9
  • View Gallery
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2013, 06:53:19 AM »
This weekend proposed falls on the same weekend of the ABT Kayak Bass final, so that take a few of the kayakers away if they make the finals.

Ray

Thanks for letting me know Ray.  That's a shame.  From memory, I think the calendars published when our date was set had the kayak final TBA, but I could be wrong...it's unfortunate we'll miss those top anglers.

Offline Member

• Contributor
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 236
  • Liked: 27
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Upper Clarence River above the Gorge
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2013, 02:59:37 PM »
If someone wants to run a catch and release fishing comp in a publicly funded dam, and all the permits and sip payments are made, and it brings money into the area, what's the problem? I agree the stocking group do a great job, but as it's a catch and release event and the dam is a put and take fishery anyhow, where is the problem? Are we now getting down on people who want to run a business legally. Maybe because I don't fish the Queensland dams much if at all, I don't understand all the little political intrigues that get involved. Maybe I just see things in black and white. I don't fish comps either, so there's another factor. As long as they keep fishing comps out of wild waters I won't lose any sleep. Nothing wrong with private enterprise, as long as the law is followed.
John