Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...
Recent Pictures (List All)

Rating: (None)
Views: 34
Comments (0)

Views: 37
Comments (0)

Views: 35
Comments (4)

Views: 25
Comments (0)

Author Topic: sunday arvo sesh  (Read 5393 times)

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 51
  • -Receive: 19
  • Liked: 1
  • Sweetwater Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: colleges crossing
sunday arvo sesh
« on: December 07, 2013, 05:16:14 PM »
Tomorrow afternoon I'll be launching from lindemans road (lowood) and paddling/fishing up to the log jam and back down. The plan is to arrive at 2.45 and be fishing by 3pm.

IF your keen to come along send me pm and I'll be in touch.

I realise the water may be dirty but does anyone have an idea on the state of the launching area???

Cheers Brad. 

Offline Member

• Sweetwater Fishing Australia
  • Administrator
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2751
  • -Receive: 1294
  • Liked: 88
  • Sweetwater Fishing Australia
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Connors River
Re: sunday arvo sesh
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 07:00:10 PM »
I was down at Lindeman Road last week checking it out. Launch site & water looked ok.

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 51
  • -Receive: 19
  • Liked: 1
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: colleges crossing
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 05:02:14 PM »
Well it was an interesting session at Lowood with a few lessons learnt.

I arrived to the launch site a bit later than I intended, whoops but still was very pleased with the conditions. The launch site was in better condition than I remembered, a slight breeze blowing down stream and a clear sky.

My troll to the log jam produced no snags or hook ups, owell.

It was when I started to active bait fishing with live worms that the fun and games began. For starters I manage to get hooked up on a snag every 3rd cast. Might be cause I had too heavy of a sinker. Wasn't getting any bites till  the bait stayed still but I would drift down stream. I think an anchor may helped there or using a more lively bait such as shrimp??

So after a while of persistence/frustration I changed over to a suspending lure. Still no luck though. I changed over to my SP and covered the top water to bottom water near the snags. Just when I was starting think ok I must be getting something's attention I saw the line go taunt then music to my ears zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

THUMP THUMP zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. The fight was interesting and I wasn't too sure what I had on the end of the  line. It was fighting really hard with runs and plenty of thumps of the rod tip. When I saw it rise to the surface. I was like that's no bass and with a flick of its black paddle like tail it went for round 2. It was short round with it being landed on the yak and to my surprise it was a tilapia of 39cm and fat.

It was my first tilapia and boy was I happy I packed a fish bag. The pest was killed and disposed of. So with that caught I checked the phone/time and made a move home. NO fish hooked up on the troll back which seemed to take forever compared to paddling out towards the log jam. Maybe its cause I under estimated how far down stream the launch site was. Mite be packing some marking materials for the next trip I think.

Either way it felt good to paddling/fishing in the water. Catching a fish was a bonus but the lessons learnt will make me a better fisherman, well hopefully.

P.S. would love to tag along with some one and catch some tilapia at Wivenhoe dam.

Cheers brad   

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 108
  • -Receive: 102
  • Liked: 4
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Wivenhoe Dam
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2013, 09:14:19 PM »
Interesting report. I've been curious about that section. Seems like you have tried plenty to get a result.
 :thanks

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 497
  • -Receive: 405
  • Liked: 22
  • Show me the Unicorn
  • View Gallery
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2013, 05:42:42 AM »
There are some big Tillie's in the ribba.

Wanna see them. Head down to twinnies with a light when its dark and have a good quality torch with you and play spotto across the bridge.

Even better fun would be to take a hand spear with you and nail them from above.