Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...
Recent Pictures (List All)

Rating: (None)
Views: 34
Comments (0)

Views: 37
Comments (0)

Views: 35
Comments (4)

Views: 25
Comments (0)

Author Topic: Bielke Peterson Dam pointers  (Read 3003 times)

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 4
  • Liked: 0
  • Sweetwater Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: havent found it yet
Bielke Peterson Dam pointers
« on: January 30, 2014, 02:43:10 PM »
Hey guys I am thinking about heading up to BP dam on the weekend of the 8,9,10 February to try and catch a couple of impoundment bass and redclaw (if they're around). As I have never fished BP dam or dams in general, can anyone shed some light on any different techniques, lures etc that I should/might try. What should I be looking for either on the sounder or otherwise?

thanks in advance,

Sam.

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 59
  • Liked: 7
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Freshwater
Re: Bielke Peterson Dam pointers
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 03:13:00 PM »
Haven't fished BP but I have fished Boonooma a few times. Generally for impoundments good starting areas are drop offs, weed edges, rocky points. That's usually where I start but I keep an eagle eye on the sounder at all times as you can hit a school almost anywhere. Structure is always something good to look for but that can be different in a dam to a river. It could be something as simple as a section of rock on a long grassy bank.

A few beers and a good chat to other campers when you arrive is also highly recommended to get some tips on where the action is :) An old trick is once you are there and setup, lift the bonnet of your car and start poking around, I've found the old timers can't resist asking "what's up?" lol it's a great opener ;)

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • View Gallery
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 04:50:46 PM »
Muz that's a great icebreaker, I might give it a go. I figure there will be plenty of areas to explore so I will just keep trying different things until I get some interest. it will be good to see what structure I can find under the water too.

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Liked: 1
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: queensland
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 10:50:35 PM »
fished there 10-1-14 to 13-1-14 the bite was slow to start with high winds to start with but sunday &Monday hooked 35+bass,10 yellows up in the timber around the eagles nest using shallow purple-silver minnow lures,jimmies point produce some good bass on vibes,redclaw can be found at the second point around from the blacks camp

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • View Gallery
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 08:30:38 AM »
Hey Rick thanks for that info, that will give me plenty of options and places to try. I don't know them but I figure I will know/see the eagles nest when I come across it. I have printed off the maps from this site and am hoping the caravan park (Yallakool) may have one in their kiosk which has the names of the different areas.

Upcoming Events, Fishing Competitions, Shows, Expos etc.....

Upcoming Events