Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...
Recent Pictures (List All)

Rating: (None)
Views: 34
Comments (0)

Views: 37
Comments (0)

Rating: ****
Views: 37
Comments (4)

Views: 25
Comments (0)

Author Topic: CRFBC V Kilcoy  (Read 3613 times)

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 309
  • Liked: 34
  • Sweetwater Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Baroon Pocket Dam
CRFBC V Kilcoy
« on: May 23, 2011, 05:02:08 AM »
Caboolture River Fishing and Boating club and Kilcoy amatuer fishing club have started annual interclub competitions.

Last year Kilcoy came down to the salt, and just pipped Caboolture river at the post to win.

This year Caboolture went to Kilcoy and fished from their Somerset lease near Villeneuve.

Was a lovely day, and Kilcoy put on a great feed. Unfortunately they also put on a fantastic show of how to fish the fresh.

Weigh in took over an hour, and trust me, not because of the amount of time taken to weigh in Caboolture's fish!

I reckon if you took a zero of the end of Kilcoy's final weight of fish, it might have been close.

Saw some of the biggest freshwater fish I have seen in a while weighed in, including a Yella that went 4.6kg and a tilapia that went 2.2kg

The locals were bagging out on Tilapia (Club rule cant weigh in more than ten), Tandanus and yella's.

Anyway it was great to be there, more than a year since I had fished this stretch of water. The kids had fun on the barred grunter, and I have to confess I only managed one lonely bass. Highlight of the day for caboolture was one of the members getting a 37cm silver on a halco scorpion. Dont think that will be seen again to soon!

Daughter left the camera on movie mode and flattened the batteries, so no shots of the haul at the weigh in unfortunately.

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 419
  • -Receive: 279
  • Liked: 46
  • Sweetwater Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
Re: CRFBC V Kilcoy
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 06:58:49 AM »
There's always next year mate! Sounds like you'll have to muscle up though.  :youbeauty

Upcoming Events, Fishing Competitions, Shows, Expos etc.....

Upcoming Events