Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...
Recent Pictures (List All)

Rating: (None)
Views: 34
Comments (0)

Views: 37
Comments (0)

Rating: ****
Views: 37
Comments (4)

Views: 25
Comments (0)

Author Topic: Towsville Fishing report 9/4/14  (Read 2147 times)

Offline Member

• Contributor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
  • Liked: 0
  • Sweetwater Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
Towsville Fishing report 9/4/14
« on: April 09, 2014, 09:13:22 AM »
Towsville Fishing report 9/4/14

As far as I can tell from the local weather forecast for the weekend I'd say it might be a good time to service the gear indoors and do some maintenance. It is likely that by the time the weekend comes around that we will be seeing some serious side effects of cyclone Ita. The intensity is still unpredictable at this point in time so I wouldn't be to set on trying to stick to a plan, no matter how disappointed it will make you. 

Offshore there are some nice Largemouth and Trout getting around and some big schools of smallish Mackerel as well, and if all predictions go wrong, then it could be good enough weather to go out for the bigger boats.

If you are going to take the kids for a holiday fish though, the breakwalls, headlands and beaches are still giving up a few fish and Salmon, Barra, and Goldens are regular to the shore. Live baits will obviously be the best choice, but the chances of a decent Grunter are still on the cards for Palleranda. Small lures both hard and soft should get some attention, and yesterday morning I had two really good Barra roll on poppers on one of the breakwalls, and that hour or so of soft light before the sun cracks the horizon is the best time.

Some nice Whiting are starting to show at river mouths and the close beaches also, and live Yabbies and even frozen worm and peeled Prawn could get you a feed. Light leaders are the go for the whiting and around about 2 to 3 kg is good, but  there will be more than likely some decent Flatties around the same areas, and if you get rubbed off it may be necessary to go up to around 5 or 6 kg leader to land the Toothy ones.

Not much else to report as the weather is going to change the whole scenario over the next few days. 

Good luck and sorry for the bad predictions.
Hodgie and the Akwa Team.

Hodgie