Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...
Recent Pictures (List All)

Rating: (None)
Views: 34
Comments (0)

Views: 37
Comments (0)

Views: 35
Comments (4)

Views: 25
Comments (0)

Author Topic: Borumba Dam 30.10.10 Morning session  (Read 3662 times)

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 162
  • -Receive: 27
  • Liked: 1
  • Sweetwater Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: anywhere theres water deep enough
Borumba Dam 30.10.10 Morning session
« on: November 01, 2010, 06:22:10 PM »
After an interrupted night's sleep from some bottom of the gene pool individuals (drunken yobbos)
who insisted on partying until 2am) I met up with Eric at 4.30am at the ramp (after backing the ute up to their
van and warming up the engine before leaving of course).
The dam was shrouded in fog, which usually is a good sign of an impending hot day , as we pedalled up way up to
the junction of the two arms about 4km from the ramp. There were only two boats out on the water by the time we
had arrived but the sound of approaching outboards was rapidly growing louder behind us.
We went straight into where Eric had picked up his big toga last month and began working the banks and bays in opposing directions.All
around us baitfish skittered off at sporadic intervals and occasionally there were large swirls of what we hoped was
a cruising toga.
I had finished up and was coming back to follow Eric further west when I spotted a small gully running into the water behind some
small bottlebrushes just out off the bank.second cast was hit by a small fish who took off and promptly threw the hooks,
Bugger! and other various words of exclamation issued forth from my lips as I wound to untangle the hooks from the jitterbug
I was using.Eric had suggested that I use the spin gear to break the duck so to speak before switching to fly and looked like
the decision was a good one.
I kept working my way along behind Eric and shortly after was again hit by another small fish for the same result.After a fruitless
15 minutes or so I deicded to head further west and leapfrogged Eric to another bay and began working the edges once again.
A short time time later smoko was called and over a bikky and a cuppa we decided to head further up the Kingham arm for a bit
of a look see.
We caught up with young brothers Nathan and Ben (fellow EMFMA members) who had had a bit better fortune, with Nathan picking
up one and losing a monster in the timber.Bouyed by this,we headed up and began working a patch of timber at the mouth of a bay
near a bend in the creek.After another hour or so of churning the water to foam we headed back to try our luck
in the yabba arm.
The wind had sprung up from the south east and was cool on the skin which wasnt augering well for the rest of the morning but
it was fluky in nature so we had hoped it would die off as the day wore on.We took a side of the bay each and started working
up into the gully,peppering the bank as we went.The wind however had other ideas and started to gust up and the glassy surface
soon broke out into small ripples.A particularly strong gust saw the jitterbug I was using end up in a tree out of reach.
We decided to head back across to the kingham arm out of the wind only to have the wind swirl around and blow in on us there
as well.As it was now nearly lunchtime we started on the journey back through the armada of skiers,wakeboarders and other
various vessels who were in the main basin.An hour later two depressed yakkers arrived back at the ramp and with
Erics vows to sell the yak ringing in my ears I headed back to camp to rest and regroup.To rub salt into the wound
I hurt my lower back loading the yak on the truck at the ramp.

work like you dont need the money and fish as though you dont need to eat