Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...
Recent Pictures (List All)

Rating: (None)
Views: 34
Comments (0)

Views: 37
Comments (0)

Views: 35
Comments (4)

Views: 25
Comments (0)

Author Topic: Bass season opening  (Read 28226 times)

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 29
  • Liked: 4
  • Sweetwater Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
Re: Bass season opening
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2011, 01:54:03 PM »
mmmmm,

After watching that video I would say it's straight into the water from site 12 for me!  Not for a rookie like me anyway!  Looking forward to it!!

Thanks
Colin

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 10
  • Liked: 1
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Borumba Dam
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2011, 05:44:54 PM »
Hi All,

Been reading your forum with interest for a while now, but this is my first ever post.

Usually I fish the Brissie River from my boat upstream of Twin Bridges, with the stretch between Lowood Bend and Lockyer Creek junction my favourite of late. Had great success trolling.

Had to add this with you guys talking about Shines Rd - fished off bank there with my son last Friday with live worms.  Got a few great bass (40-45cm) and the usual catties.  Decided on dusk to flick a few new soft plastics I'd got.  Wasn't expecting much, as I've never had great success with plastics in freshwater, but nailed my best bass to date - a 53cm cracker - so needless to say I was massively surprised!  See pics attached. Got about 8 all up on the plastics in about half an hour.  They were following up to rock ledge and nailing just before it.  First of all tried the usual flick/pause/slow retrieve, but then decided on a slightly quicker retrieve just to really get the tail action going.  Was casting parallel to the bank, and using a 50mm Squidgie fish in gold and black glitter. 

Previously caught a few at 50, 51 & 52cm on hardbodies, so rapt to get these on plastics!  Can't wait to try again!

Love the forum and reading about everyone else's experiences.

Cheers,
Tim.

Offline Member

• Sweetwater Fishing Australia
  • Administrator
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2751
  • -Receive: 1294
  • Liked: 88
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Connors River
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2011, 12:21:49 AM »
Hi All,

Been reading your forum with interest for a while now, but this is my first ever post.

Usually I fish the Brissie River from my boat upstream of Twin Bridges, with the stretch between Lowood Bend and Lockyer Creek junction my favourite of late. Had great success trolling.

Had to add this with you guys talking about Shines Rd - fished off bank there with my son last Friday with live worms.  Got a few great bass (40-45cm) and the usual catties.  Decided on dusk to flick a few new soft plastics I'd got.  Wasn't expecting much, as I've never had great success with plastics in freshwater, but nailed my best bass to date - a 53cm cracker - so needless to say I was massively surprised!  See pics attached. Got about 8 all up on the plastics in about half an hour.  They were following up to rock ledge and nailing just before it.  First of all tried the usual flick/pause/slow retrieve, but then decided on a slightly quicker retrieve just to really get the tail action going.  Was casting parallel to the bank, and using a 50mm Squidgie fish in gold and black glitter. 

Previously caught a few at 50, 51 & 52cm on hardbodies, so rapt to get these on plastics!  Can't wait to try again!

Love the forum and reading about everyone else's experiences.

Cheers,
Tim.

Good on you Tim, Welcome aboard & thanks for sharing. There's some awesome fish being caught right through the river, good to know they're taking plastics as well.

Will be alot of folks up there chasing them over the weekend with the Wivenhoe Convention on, you should come up & take a look at all the decked out kayaks.

Cheers,

Fitz..

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 10
  • Liked: 1
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Borumba Dam
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2011, 09:58:00 PM »
Thanks Fitzy.

Couldn't help myself and went back to Shines this arvo after the rain had passed thru.  Used same Squidgies again, and on the 8th cast got another 53cm specimen.  Hard going after that but got 2 more in the high 30's.

If anyone goes down there in the next few days and sees a big slide mark in the track near the bottom of the downhill part, that would be from me - went head over apex in the mud.  Must have looked hilarious!  Should've known rubber thongs and mud don't mix.

And love your work on the log. 

Cheers,
Tim.

Offline Member

• Administrator
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2751
  • -Receive: 1294
  • Liked: 88
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Connors River
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2011, 03:34:57 PM »
And love your work on the log. 

Cheers,
Tim.

G'day Tim. Not my work on the log mate. Was a friendly local who has helped out us anglers down there with axe & pick.

He knows who he is  :thanks  :Clap)  :thumb  :thumbsup  :yourock  :youbeauty  ;D

Cheers,

fitz..

Offline Member

• Serial kayak seller and buyer
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 114
  • Liked: 18
  • Kayak Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2011, 04:12:15 PM »
Hopefully the accidental gardener will read this Tim and there might be some footholes at the bottom of the track for you to step in next time and not go A over T.