Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...
Recent Pictures (List All)

Rating: (None)
Views: 34
Comments (0)

Views: 37
Comments (0)

Views: 35
Comments (4)

Views: 25
Comments (0)

Author Topic: Hinze Dam / Advancetown lake  (Read 13063 times)

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 140
  • -Receive: 81
  • Liked: 1
  • Sweetwater Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
Hinze Dam / Advancetown lake
« on: September 25, 2010, 07:38:13 AM »
Attached are pictures taken from the kayak on 24 September 2010 of the ramps in the eastern arm at Hinze Dam (Advancetown lake).

In the picture including the water tower, the road immediately to the right of the water tower ending at a wall on the water's edge is the old access road to the original ramp that closed a couple of years ago, further right is the new ramp which is  still to be opened.

The other picture is the existing temporary ramp presently in use over a gravel track and shows the areas that have had trees and shrubs cleared.

cheers RICHO

Kayak: Swing 400

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 2
  • Liked: 0
  • View Gallery
Re: Latest views ramps East Hinze Dam
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 11:17:57 AM »

thanks Dodge, was wondering how they were going with all the repairs etc.  how did you do on the day.

Looking forward to getting back in there myself soon.  I have a score to settle with a fish that was boofing madly
in a corner of one of the arms,

Q, have they got a completion date for the works or have they completed them now and reopened the access to the whole lake/dam?
Reason i ask is the last time i went to go there place i launched from was closed off for repair and upgrade.

cheers Craig

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 140
  • -Receive: 81
  • Liked: 1
  • View Gallery
Re: Latest views ramps East Hinze Dam
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 06:59:29 PM »

Q, have they got a completion date for the works or have they completed them now and reopened the access to the whole lake/dam?
Reason i ask is the last time i went to go there place i launched from was closed off for repair and upgrade.
Craig in an item on the GC TV news about a month ago only the spillway was to be completed during October and the wall is done according to the report, but all the work regarding picnic ground and amenities etc  near the wall still has to be done so hard to know when that end will be opened again to the public, and completion dates seem to vary as often as the weather.

The original far western ramp at Numinbah is still open with new ramp closed, and on the eastern arm only the temporary ramp is opened and new yet to be open to the public.

On the fishing front among 4 kayakers we all got bass but no great sizes, and one of the blokes got a couple of saratoga, with best results being the fellers casting, and I trolled and did the worst but conditions were glassy and good to be on the water.

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 604
  • -Receive: 413
  • Liked: 28
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: north pine dam
Hinze Dam Permit Availability.
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 04:01:47 AM »
See the Gold Coast Council has updatede the list of places that you can get a Hinze Dam permit,

Nerang Disposals Camping & Outdoor Store     10 Spencer Road, Nerang     (07) 5596 4434
Doug Burt's Tackle World    15 Nind St, Southport    (07) 5531 0755
Southport Fishing & Dive Centre    95 Marine Parade, Southport    (07) 5531 2333

Hope that they can pick up a few more sellers and preferably one in Brisbnae or on line. I am certain that they are losing quite a bit of money due to difficulty in purchasing one.
 Cheers
Ray