Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...
Recent Pictures (List All)

Rating: (None)
Views: 34
Comments (0)

Views: 37
Comments (0)

Views: 35
Comments (4)

Views: 25
Comments (0)

Author Topic: I pilot position lock.  (Read 8066 times)

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 604
  • -Receive: 413
  • Liked: 28
  • Sweetwater Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: north pine dam
I pilot position lock.
« on: November 08, 2010, 08:30:57 PM »
Went to NPD this morning and fishing was very slow so I had a bit of a play with the position lock feature on my Ipilot whilst waiting for my redclaw pots to soak.
I was on the corner of the island and the wind was changing direction frequently and was around 10k.
 I was quite pleased how the ipilot handled the conditions as my hull is high sided and has quite a bit of windage.
Now all I need is for the fish to get hungry again and I will be able to hover right on top of them without having to worry about the anchor not holding.
Cheers
Ray
Small | Large

fishing ethics are the things that we do when we are unobserved by others!!

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
  • Liked: 0
  • View Gallery
Re: I pilot position lock.
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 08:37:15 AM »
Hey mate, have ran an 80lb Ipilot now for about 5 months on my 5.5m Galeforce, Used it up at Awoonga and many, many times in the salt, here in Hervey Bay. They are outstanding, I have had no dramas at all with mine, and it was a great tool to have up at awoonga when fishing points and bays, not having to use the anchor means less noise and less hassle when staking out a position.
My thoughts,

Justin :thumbsup

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 110
  • -Receive: 144
  • View Gallery
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 07:48:06 AM »
Having been with Rayke at monduran recently a couple of things with the I pilot stood out.

1  when arriving at your intended spot if you imploy the position lock to early before boat has come to a stopp, the motor in correcting itself wraps the cords around itself.

2  as we get older the eyes weaken, the remote is very hard to read as it is black symbols on black backround one would have to have sunnies with byfocals in them or be reaching for your glasses all the time, or memorize the symbols. This could be rectified by highliting the symbols in white or something similar.

3  at night its worse than above, the remote needs a back light in it to highlight the symbols.

I hope these things have improved before I get mine ::)

Dino

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 3
  • Liked: 2
  • View Gallery
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 09:24:04 AM »
Having been with Rayke at monduran recently a couple of things with the I pilot stood out.

1  when arriving at your intended spot if you imploy the position lock to early before boat has come to a stopp, the motor in correcting itself wraps the cords around itself.

2  as we get older the eyes weaken, the remote is very hard to read as it is black symbols on black backround one would have to have sunnies with byfocals in them or be reaching for your glasses all the time, or memorize the symbols. This could be rectified by highliting the symbols in white or something similar.

3  at night its worse than above, the remote needs a back light in it to highlight the symbols.

I hope these things have improved before I get mine ::)

Dino

Gday Dino.

Re number 1....When the position gets settled the motor will unwrap itself.I dont know how it knows it just does.

Number 3...The remote has a backlight button.If the backlight was to run all the time you would go through a battery a trip.

Cant help you with number 2. :)

Toddy

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 110
  • -Receive: 144
  • View Gallery
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 10:18:11 AM »
thanks for that Ray must not of found the backlight yet

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • View Gallery
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 11:29:16 AM »
There is a backlight on the screen but not on the buttons which is where I need them. If the raised part on the buttons was black and the buttons themselves were a different colour it would be a lot easier to use. I find it a bit easier now that I am getting more used to it but still hit the turn button when I want to alter speed. Pity they cant colour code the buttons similar to the colours on the user guide.
 Maybe they will do that in the future.
Was thinking of borrowing wifes nail polish to do some colour coding but am worried that it may attack the keys.
The position lock is the best thing since sliced breade I use it all the time and it does not seem to significally impact on battery life.
 Also great for holding position while you pull your redclaw pots in the wind. You do not have worry about being blown into the trees.
Cheers
Ray

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 3
  • Liked: 2
  • View Gallery
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2010, 12:26:02 PM »
There is a backlight on the screen but not on the buttons which is where I need them. If the raised part on the buttons was black and the buttons themselves were a different colour it would be a lot easier to use. I find it a bit easier now that I am getting more used to it but still hit the turn button when I want to alter speed. Pity they cant colour code the buttons similar to the colours on the user guide.
 Maybe they will do that in the future.
Was thinking of borrowing wifes nail polish to do some colour coding but am worried that it may attack the keys.
The position lock is the best thing since sliced breade I use it all the time and it does not seem to significally impact on battery life.
 Also great for holding position while you pull your redclaw pots in the wind. You do not have worry about being blown into the trees.
Cheers
Ray

I see what you mean.I suppose its just using it and getting used to it.Much the same way the Foxtel remote is at home. :)

Toddy

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • View Gallery
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2010, 07:53:41 PM »
Here is a photo of the screen of my gps showing the i pilot being used on position lock this morning.
The screen of the gps is on the 20ft range and concidering that the gps antenna is externally mounted near the stern of the boat its pretty impressive.
Havent used my anchor since I fitted the ipilot.
 Cheers
Ray