Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...

Special Interest > Fly Fishing

Introduced to a Dahlberg Diver

<< < (2/2)

Dick Pasfield:
You did ask Fitz ;D

Dog wears it when we travel of a night, she's not fallen in on the plane yet but does get both feet up on the gunwale at times, a sudden swerve for weed or such might tip her over.  Reckon the yellow would make it easier for me to find her if it happens :thumbsup

Re the sootys, they go hard on something when they're convinced it should be eaten, like a jack.  When they wise up though they are tough to tempt and the word passes through the pack as quick as lightning. Best to move on when that happens and maybe hit it on the way back.  Yes you can send me your feathers, Be content they will die in action ;)

G'day Steve  I had mine on a intermediate line so I had to work it a bit quick to stop it heading for the bottom.  I'll be taking out the floating line next time to see how that changes its movement.  Still amaxed how you can just chuck it in anywhere and more often than not falls into the water with a little jiggle, a lousy caster's dream come true.

Sweetwater:

--- Quote from: Dick Pasfield on December 21, 2010, 10:06:24 AM ---You did ask Fitz ;D

--- End quote ---

I love the pooch PFDs. Got a friend with a Jack Russell cross. She wanted to take it kayaking so I picked up one for her. The dish licker sits up there like lord muck.

fitz..

Dick Pasfield:
 :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup love it

Apollo:

--- Quote from: Dick Pasfield on December 21, 2010, 10:06:24 AM ---............
G'day Steve  I had mine on a intermediate line so I had to work it a bit quick to stop it heading for the bottom.  I'll be taking out the floating line next time to see how that changes its movement.  Still amaxed how you can just chuck it in anywhere and more often than not falls into the water with a little jiggle, a lousy caster's dream come true.

--- End quote ---

Dick
I use mine on a floating line with clear intermediate tip.  Can still be worked slow, if you start striping fairly soon after the fly hits the water and the intermediate tip starts to sink.  Or If I let it sit for a bit, it will pull the fly down a bit, so it can be worked back more agressively, which I found better in a bit of wind or ripple.

Steve

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version