Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...

General Category > General Discussion

Ewen Maddock tomorrow ## Result today

(1/2) > >>

4weightfanatic:
Going to head out to Ewen Maddock dam tomorrow to try for a bass or saratoga with a mate. I haven't fished there nor kayaked so have a couple of questions. Do the gates open at 6 or 6.30 A.M. ? Has anyone had any success since the weather has warmed and have any other advice. I will be primarily targetting saratoga around the lilies with the fly rod and a few of my own flies but will also take along a spin rod as back up. Any suggestions would be appreciated. PAT.

Binder:
The area behind the automatic gates is permanently closed at the moment due to work being done over that side of the dam. When you go in, turn right, park in the parking lot and follow the concrete path to the yak ramp. No gates. Standard SEQ water rules, allowed access 6am to 6pm. Doubt anyone will be sitting there with the stopwatch though.

Been a while since I fished there, blokes were getting fish up the back on the southern side then. I'd try the points on the southern side as you go up the dam. Always been a good spot to score a few in the past. troll the bays between the points. Lake is not deep, so you stand a chance of getting fish anywhere. Let us know if you get any fish around the 15-20cm mark, thats what size the ones we stocked start of the year could be getting to by now.

4weightfanatic:
Thanks heaps for the tips Binder - any fish will be well looked after and released promptly after a quick pic. The areas you have pointed out are pretty well where we intended to paddle so I appreciate that. I had talked to someone tonight who told me about the closed road so it's good you told me directions to launch. Again thanks and hopefully this time tomorrow I'll be posting a report. Cheers PAT.

Binder:
Cheers, and dont worry about tasking as feed of fish, thats what we put them in there fore, particularly the yella's and silvers (be a bit undersize yet, but not long).

4weightfanatic:
Having trouble posting at the moment. Had two attempts including pics but lost both posts - will try tomorrow. PAT

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version