Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...

Special Interest > Fly Fishing

Keep your bonefish

<< < (3/3)

bushwacker:
It was just a reality check is all Pat.

I still have fun with them and try and get rid of a few and THERE AINT NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT

Steve

Barney:
l can imagine carp on fly would pull really slow and hard [like a cod?] , and bass just as hard but more aggressively. Golden Perch pull slow and moderately hard. lve onl90y ever caught Bass and Goldens on fly in freshwater. Golden Trev's , small mackerel , tuna , flathead , bream , whiting in the salt.

Flyfished for bones in Mexico several times in the early 90's , it was awesome. The first run does your head in , often peeling 75-150 metres of line [inc backing] on the first run. Small fish [under40cm] generally come straight in after that , larger fish will have a second run much shorter , then come in easily. I used 7 and 9wt gear.

Had a few shots at 'Permit' , but spooked all of them...LOL. They are very spooky in clear water 50cm deep  , but they look amazing cruising for shrimp and crab over the sand flats. a small one is 40cm , a 'good' one is 60cm. a bi one is 80cm!

Caught a few 'small' tarpon 60-90cm. Hooked a very big tarpon 1.8m+ in Belize but busted off on a jump :(...

If i won lotto , l would be back there tomorrow.... lol

Barney.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version