Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...

Special Interest > Habitat and Conservation

Sooties in the Mary - what prospects for Mary River Cod Recovery...?

<< < (2/11) > >>

elops:

--- Quote from: aussiebasser on November 06, 2013, 11:53:49 AM ---I saw a Farcebook link yesterday to some video and the tool was abusing people for making it public.  Same fool had pics of MRC on his page during the closed season.  There is a group that was actively, illegally stocking Sooties up near Imbil from what I've heard.  Where do you draw the line at translocation though.

--- End quote ---

Got a collection of pics of various of these fools Dale from breeding season (its always closed season) some from places where they should not have been fishing at all, their day will come.

aussiebasser:
Is "six mile" in the Mary Steve?

Jim_Tait:
Yeah it is Dale, and it is one of the strong holds for MRC in terms of refugial populations that appear to retain some natural breeding based recruitment capacity.

elops:
And the reason Dale asked Jim is because it is one of the populations that during the recent breeding season had a constant stream of these facebook fools who posted pics of their exploits on various media for the world to see for the sake of selling a few lures, to get their sponsors fishing shirt in a pic or the worst of all one forum which was running a competition for the largest Cod including the 2 protected species with cash prizes.

Jim_Tait:
Far canal - wasn't aware of that, is it just youthful ignorance?  Hopefully we can help counter that through web forums like this.... ???  otherwise I hope a ton of bricks descends on the dheads  C:-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version