Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...
Currently:
  • New SIP funding allocation. 5 1

General Category > General Discussion

New SIP funding allocation.

(1/6) > >>

StevenM:
So, a working committee will gather to come up with ideas on how to allocate the SIP funding shortly. The old surface area and tick a box for popularity thing is gone.

So if that group of people were to read this what would you say on how you would like to allocate the monies to the new SIP scheme?

Me, couple of things.

- access to me must be included. If I can not access the water way due to private property or the need to have a secondary permit or membership then my voice would say you don't get my money. So an example of this is...1/ weirs that have locked gates and private property access only. 2/ Dams / lakes that only have access for say a limited area of bank. Then this is the area that should be taken into account not the whole surface are or volume. If I need to be a member of a secondary club or committee to access the lake then no fair play. You don't get my money.

- current stocking level. There is a formula that advises how may fish per hectares. What has been done in the past. Has monies be incorrectly channeled and the lake is under stocked or do I dare say it...over stocked.

- popularity. What users are currently seen using the water way. It is a put and take fishery right. The problem is how do you measure this?

Have few more but that should hopefully get the ball rolling.

What do you say or what do you want to be taken into consideration.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NormGood:
Very good arguments there Steve.

I too have a view that restricted access is a deciding factor as well.

aussiebasser:
Great subject Steve, according to the DAF Letter to Stocking Groups:  "From the list of 46 impoundments specified in the RIS, 31 have been added to the SIP scheme however the remaining 15 were not included for a variety of reasons.  These included
-The local Stocking Group withdrawing support for their original request
-Stocking Groups ceasing to operate
-The water storage owner objected to the change, or
-There was deemed to be inadequate public access for the impoundment to be included in the Scheme."

aussiebasser:
I did visit Bee Hive Dam, just out of Wallangarra on Saturday, which is one of the new impoundments added to the Scheme.  It's hard to miss the massive "Private Property" "Keep Out" signs on the gate to access the water.  I guess everyone just ignores them.

Novice:

--- Quote from: StevenM on February 26, 2017, 04:53:17 PM ---So, a working committee will gather to come up with ideas on how to allocate the SIP funding shortly. The old surface area and tick a box for popularity thing is gone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

Shouldn't of this been sorted out before all the changes occurred?

I'd like to see no funding to the restricted access locations. I also used enjoy not ticking the box next to npd due to their percieved "double dipping" in the past.

I don't envy the committee's position, whatever they end up deciding they are going upset someone.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version