Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...
Recent Pictures (List All)

Rating: (None)
Views: 34
Comments (0)

Views: 37
Comments (0)

Views: 35
Comments (4)

Views: 25
Comments (0)

Author Topic: Mini Marlin and monsters from the deep.  (Read 3595 times)

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 309
  • Liked: 34
  • Sweetwater Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Baroon Pocket Dam
Mini Marlin and monsters from the deep.
« on: December 19, 2010, 05:17:41 AM »
Well it was dreaded gate nazi weekend for me at North Pine Dam this weekend. No one called to remind me or tell me which day was mine, so as I was already planning a trip out there yesterday, I'll call that my day  ;D

After recent good halls of red claw, and noticing the gar were on the chew, I had teed up with mate Adam to take his kids, and my daughter out for a bit of "kid amusement". Giving the respective mums a sleep in.

Absolutely nothing to do with us being allowed another 4 pots in the water for each child we had along  ;) - seriously we only ran 12 pots, figured that would be enough, and it certainly was with 160 big fellas for the pot - and there were heaps of small ones not in that count!.

Seeing lots of red claw with both eggs and young the last trip or two, which is absolutely terrible, being as they are an introduced pest species  ::)

Anyway, the kids had a blast getting stuck in to the mini marlin (gar) and hauling up the huge sea monsters (red claw) from the deep. Lots of fun for them. (No bass for Adam and I, quiet again).

On and off the water by 12, with all the afternoon storms around, there was no way we wanted to get caught by an early one with the 3 young kids on board. Most of the day was overcast so conditions were pretty good for the kids, with only about 30 minutes as we came home with the sun out before the northerly change came through bringing the cloud and a breeze back.

Here is a swag of pics from the day.

Heading down the dam to spot X.

The Skipper

Mini Marlin turning it on.

A little bit of tail walking

Then we started hauling up the sea monsters!

After a hesitant start, and a bite or two accompanied by howls and laughter, the junior deckies soon got this sea monster sorting down pat.   

All in all the kids had a great day, Adam got a feed to take home, and I got some brownie points  :thumbsup