Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...

General Category > Hints and Tips

Mosquito Repellant

<< < (3/7) > >>

aussiebasser:
Spoke to an American in PNG last year.  He works in Port Moresby for the Gas Pipeline mob.  He is supplied the insect repellant clothing and must wear it when he's in PNG.  He says it works, but is fairly hot.

Virtualgirl:
Having worked for a pharmaceutical company, I can advise the following: (the following I have pulled from a couple of sites I am aware of)

Picaridin: A truly effective alternative to DEET 
Picaridin is a truly effective alternative to DEET that provides long lasting protection. Developed to be more pleasant to use, it is odorless, with a light, clean feel. Picaridin is scientifically formulated for everyone in the family.
Picaridin, also known around the world as KBR3023, or Bayrepel (trademark of Bayer AG) was developed by Bayer, who began its research for a new active ingredient in the 1980s. Bayer's long history of investigating, developing and producing repellents provided in-depth knowledge for creating an ideal insect repellent.

PICARIDIN has been used worldwide since 1998, and is one of the best selling active ingredients in Europe and Australia. It has been recommended by the World Health Organization as the best protection against Malaria.

It is now in a wipe for controlled protection Odorless No chemical odor and no added fragrance Feels light and clean on your skin.
It will not harm plastics or other synthetic materials.

Brand:  Cutter 15% Picaridin Advanced Sport Aerosol 6 oz.
Available from Amazon.com and on ebay. Not sure where it sells in stores. Worth a bit of research.  Cheers. VG

Binder:
Had some bloke trying to flog those suites at the fishing club for about $35 each. I find it hard to believe those flimsy looking things would put a mosquito off when the sods will bite you through a fishing shirt rated at SPF50 like it wasn't there. They dont cover your face and hands either, so unless its mid summer I prefer good old king gee. Lets see them bite through that!

takrat:
I'll bet they don't bite thru Johnny Mitchell's footie shirt!
JD

BG:
Thanks for that info VG.

My daughter attracts biting insects, poor kid. Cops all the jokes about, ' always invite her to BBQs etc. '

Will have to track some down for her.

Regards Gordon

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version